This is Chester but I'm nice (usually)

Chetsgroi

Reaction score
Good morning:

Found this forum online while using the Google search engine to look for a solution to a mobile phone related issue and thought I would introduce myself. Greeting! ;-)

I recently upgraded to a Droid 4 through Verizon Wireless because I missed having a physical keyboard as my Env 2 did years back. Prior to my current Droid 4, I had a Motorola Droid X which had a wonderfully large 4. 3 inch touch screen screen, HDMI out port and 8 megapixel camera that I often used in conjunction with the Vignette camera application to take pictures, for an example please see:

Http://flickr.com/photos/sgroi/sets

Even though I now have a hard keyboard, my preferred soft keyboard of choice is SwiftKey 3 to use mostly for its excellent word prediction feature in tandem with entering text through the physical keyboard.

While it is tempting to root my phone, I think I'll hold off for the time being as with my luck I will either brick the handset or get found out should I have to visit a Verizon store and thus invalidate my device's warranty - No thank you! Maybe after my contract expires...

Even so, I do use Better Terminal to SSH to my Linux account (or FTPcafe Pro to transfer files) and use the freely available Jote text editor for local editing needs.

Other Android applications I use on a daily basis include Jorte Calendar, Dropbox, Google Drive, Tune In Radio Plus, SoundHound, CamScan, , Droid Light, NextBus, a few digital magnifier apps, not to mention Talkadroid, Zip Code Tools, the complete Oxford and Merriam-Webster Dictionaries stored on my SD card for offline access and ezPDF Reader to name a few.

On a more personal note, I live in Sherman Oaks, a pleasant part of Los Angeles, enjoy reading science fiction books via the Kindle app and taking long walks. I am a total loner eccentric nerd type of 43 years of age and am legally blind in both eyes although I have partial vision in one. You can often see me at a local coffee shop with my clip on 4.5 X magnifiers tapping away on my Droid.

In closing, while love is reserved for such things as God, country, family, lovers, etc I will say that my android phone is my most prized physical possession (if not my most expensive as well) and that I think that it is an extremely nifty, almost magical and useful tool to have and use.

Looking forward to learning more here,. :)

Regards,

- Chester Paul Sgroi

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums Chester!! Thank you for taking the time to put together such a detailed intro post, it is always nice to "meet" another happy Droid user. Enjoy the forums :biggrin:

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome Chester!

We are happy to have ya with us!!

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

OP
C

Chetsgroi

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the warm welcome; I really appreciate it!

Lloyd, what a coincidence! My vision is also 20/400 and I have only one eye too! Perhaps, I should have chosen the username CYCLOPS! :)

Feel welcome to contact me if you like to compare notes sometimes

Regards,

- Chester Paul Sgroi

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Chester, I am pleased to be first to comment on your photographic skills. Your portfolio is genuinely impressive, and even more so that it came from a phone camera! Very nice work. Lots of very interesting and dynamic interplay between subject, background and lighting. Most often we overlook the obvious and take pictures that capture everything, and miss some of the most interesting of the scenery because it's right in our faces.

Thanks for the opportunity to view your work. I will certainly learn from you as I comb through all your photos. Feel free to hit me up anytime for guidance or some deep conversation. :biggrin:

OP
C

Chetsgroi

Reaction score
Thanks FoxKat for taking the time to view my photos as well as your comments about them. I may just take you up on your offer one day! ;-)

Regards,

- Chester Paul Sgroi