Thinking of switching to iphone...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cleave

Reaction score
I currently have a rooted D1 (no roms...to afraid to try). I have been a faithful droid user since the beginning and have been patiently waiting for the release of a certain phone that rhymes with "Funderscolt". However, it seems like that phone will never get here. Everywhere I go, I see accessories/apps for iphone but not so much for droid. I need you guys to 1.) Either talk me out of the iphone and tell me the pros and cons of why, or 2.) Convince me that iphone may be a better choice (which I am doubtful, since this IS a droid forum).
Some of the reasons I am considering the iphone are: More apps/accessories available, can be jail broken, itunes music sounds better than the mp3's do on my stereo, I need to pay full price for the phone (iphone is less than the "Funderscolt").
Now for things I'm not sure of: Does iphone have GPS capability/app (for free), is swype available (I would be lost without it), is wireless tethering available, could I try it for a couple weeks to see how I like it and then take it back if I don't, will I need to stand in line early in the morning the day "Funderscolt" goes on sale because Verizon will no doubt not have enough of the phones in stock, is Verizon doing this just because they like to screw with people?
If the answer is yes to all of the uncertainties, then I may have just talked myself into it. However, it is quite possible I've got "Funderscolt" fever and could be delirious from the daily growing anticipation...in that case I would just need a slap to the face to snap out of my delusional state.

~Sent using my thumbs~

doomer4life

Reaction score
I will inform you that the iphone only has there stock keyboard

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Status
Not open for further replies.