Thinking of permanently closing my Droid. Opinions?

mjs31

Reaction score
I'm thinking of permantly shutting the slider. I just never use my keyboard, and the few times I accidentally open it, it actually annoys me.

That sounds weird, doesn't it? I would actually like the phone better if it didn't have a keyboard. For me, its almost useless except for playing punchout on SNESdroid. hah

So, anyway.. I'm thinking of crazy glueing or using epoxy and shutting it forever. Or am I nuts?

Now.. whats the best way to shut it? Any way to do it so that if I wanted to I could "reopen" it?

-Wil

Don't if you ever want to Root and use Sprecovery.

Noidguy

Reaction score
I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who has considered this. Responses posted have made valid points against doing it though.

One thing that WILL get glued at some point on my Droid is the volume rocker. I am constantly hitting it, changing my ringer volume - especially when using the camera. Moto could take some lessons from Apple on device design - there is no need for that volume switch when there is a software setting! My temporary solution is the app that asks me if I'm sure I want to change the volume. If I ignore it, the volume stays the same. I shouldn't have to pollute my Droid with apps to get it to do (or not do) what I want though.

xliderider

Reaction score

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
GLUE ITTTTTT, GLUE it, Glue it GLUE it. But dont use any glue, use some good epoxy the one that takes a hammer and chisel just to chip.....:icon_ devil:

NAw listen to the masses just buy a case.