Thinking about flashing a ROM annd I don't have a clue what I'm doing

chesleyyoung

Reaction score
Hey thinking about flashing my first ROM. Not a single clue as to what the next step might be. I heard there's one that is basically your stock ROM without the added layer of bloatware. For all I know it could have been a website about beached whales. Any advice?

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Hey thinking about flashing my first ROM. Not a single clue as to what the next step might be. I heard there's one that is basically your stock ROM without the added layer of bloatware. For all I know it could have been a website about beached whales. Any advice?
Yes, and please don't take this wrong...but, if you don't understand the process, the tools used, the potential problems that can arise and how to recover from them, then you probably should do some more research. I'm not saying you should become a bonifide hacker/expert, but you should have a basic knowledge of root and flashing ROMs and equally important know what you can safely do and what you should leave to the "experts". Do some more research, learn what tools you need, what they do and how to use them. And, very importantly, when things don't go as planned (and sometimes they don"t)...what now?

cybertj.2000

Reaction score

Either install the jelly bean leak and disable the bloat (if possible) which doesn't require rooting, or do some indepth research as suggested above

We are the Droid!! You will be assimilated!! Resistance is futile!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Read read read then watch youtube how-to vids so see it all in action. Pretty soon you'll be an expert! :biggrin: