Things lost with ICS

pico1

Reaction score
-3G/4G toggle ( this can be remedied by downloading the Thunderbolt LTE On/Off widget. Yes works with Razr)
-Wifi Background Data no toggle available
-Master volume lost. I have to control each volume separately, like notifications, media, ringer. Previously there was a check box to control all this universally.

Anyone else notice anything that's missing with ICS?

OP
pico1

pico1

Reaction score
I thought that the Vibrate mode was lost in the sound settings but a cool feature that has been added here that was always available on my older phones is on ICS. If you press the vol down all the way it goes to vibrate mode. If you press vol down again it goes to silent mode.

ZOOMY

Reaction score
I've noticed a few things missing:

no more flashing red LED for low battery
no more recent history with individual contacts
no social networking unified inbox
no way to select between missed, received or sent calls in recent calls
no more 3d animations on home screen or charge only mode

Overall I like ICS and my battery has been better, but I wish they wouldn't have cut out so much.

johnnycool001

Reaction score
can't hide apps in the app dawer, the bookmark widget no longer allows you to pick what bookmarks you want to use.

blake28

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that when scrolling down pages,it doesn't feel near as fluid as it use to. Or maybe I'm trying to say "fling"! It seems since I got the OTA I am unable to fling through pages or anything really. I really don't like too much as well as I'm typing using tapatalk, I noticed that the option to lock the caps lock on the keyboard is also gone. I have no idea why that would of happened.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Steve H

Reaction score
I lost by "factory" bluetooth toggle widget. Had to find one in the app market.

What are the real advantages to ICS??????? Are there any major improvements?????

mekanism

Reaction score
Yeah i miss my Bluetooth toggle widget too. Another thing i miss is being able to long press on the home screen and add an app or widget directly. I cant stand the widget section of the app drawer, takes too long to find what you need. Also, for me since I'm a south paw the new text message layout is weird having myself on the right and recipients on the left. I wish i could swap it! This new keyboard is awesome though!

Mek's Maxx

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
Maybe I just haven't found the setting yet (just got ICS last night), on my corporate sync email account I have several folders that emails automatically go to. There is one folder that I used to have sync automatically in the backround. I don't seem able to find that setting now and I have to manaually refresh that folder. Perhaps with some more sleep and not so tired eyes I'll be able to find it.

Overall I'm loving my ICS!

Tracey4

Reaction score
I find typing into text boxes on the browser to be quite difficult. Also, i can't figure out why the screen won't stay on when card dock is activated. It does for the main car dock screen but not if i open music. And smart actions only goes up to 10 minutes of leaving the screen on. This is quite annoying.

Cripton805

Reaction score
e
Has anyone noticed that when scrolling down pages,it doesn't feel near as fluid as it use to. Or maybe I'm trying to say "fling"! It seems since I got the OTA I am unable to fling through pages or anything really. I really don't like too much as well as I'm typing using tapatalk, I noticed that the option to lock the caps lock on the keyboard is also gone. I have no idea why that would of happened.

I noticed this as soon as i got on the web. I think they made the feedback slower on purpose to make it more acfurate. I noticed that it took me much longer to scroll through the page. I think they did this by making the letters smaller and pictures bigger. IDK

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I've noticed a few things missing:

no more flashing red LED for low battery
no more recent history with individual contacts
no social networking unified inbox
no way to select between missed, received or sent calls in recent calls
no more 3d animations on home screen or charge only mode

Overall I like ICS and my battery has been better, but I wish they wouldn't have cut out so much.

Silly as it sounds, I really miss the animated battery on charge only mode! If it can be flashed in I plan to do so.

Cripton805

Reaction score

I found a fix already.

Settings<language&input<pointerspeed

I raised it to 3/4 and its better

Wopback

Reaction score
Task Manager.....yes I miss the TM.

I know you can long press home and swipe, but its not the same. I love to micro-manage my phone.

Anyone use or know of a good manager? Help!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
can't hide apps in the app dawer, the bookmark widget no longer allows you to pick what bookmarks you want to use.

Actually you can hide apps in the app drawer. First go to the app drawer, tap on the item you wish to hide/disable, then you'll see either "disable" or "uninstall updates" at the top right. First uninstall updates, then hit disable. The disabled apps will fall to the bottom of the apps list.