These 4G speeds are just incredible!

PhontomF

Reaction score
I'm in the Chicago area with full signal strength. The best I got from speedtest.net app so far is 41mbps down and 10mbps up from Indianapolis, IN. It's amazing to my how this is over twice as fast down and 5 times faster up compared to my cable internet connection. What speeds is everyone else getting with 4G?

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
The speed is awesome... problem is I cannot get the speedtest app to work.
It loads up fine, I can change servers and all other settings.. but I cannot press the "Begin test" button *shrugs*

rome784

Reaction score
I had it hitting a 28382kbps....Idk is that is fast or not but it seems fast to me...lol

just did the in Mbps, it was hitting at 27.72mbps.....TOO FAST!!!

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
Ignore that last post, speedtest app is now working.
Best result was from a Chicago server... 26MB down, 8MB up.

Thats just crazy.

I'll have to try some of the other servers and see what I get

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nice. So far, the fastest I've had so far is 17mbps on the edge of our 3G/4G area. When I go to work on Monday where I'll get full 4G signal, that'll be the true test.

jacobrv

Reaction score
Wow, in Spokane, WA the best I've been able to get was 5.5mbps, which still is way better than the .75 to 1.5mbps i was getting on 3g, but kind of disappointing at the same time. Oh, and up speed has been about the same as my down speed.

obsquacious

Reaction score
GR! I can't wait to get mine on Monday! I saw other posters asked for free overnight shipping and got it, I wish I had!

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
I always ask for free overnight... if you're nice most of the reps have no problem doing it.
If they dont I just say something like "well, dont place the order yet.. I'm going to think about it some more"
that usually gets them to pony up the free overnight ;)

obsquacious

Reaction score
I always ask for free overnight... if you're nice most of the reps have no problem doing it.
If they dont I just say something like "well, dont place the order yet.. I'm going to think about it some more"
that usually gets them to pony up the free overnight ;)

I really need to remember that anytime I order any electronics. Unfortunately I have class on Mondays, so I won't even get to play with it until 9 pm!

OP
PhontomF

PhontomF

Reaction score
Ignore that last post, speedtest app is now working.
Best result was from a Chicago server... 26MB down, 8MB up.

Thats just crazy.

I'll have to try some of the other servers and see what I get

That's about what I get from the Chicago server too. Try the Indianapolis one and see what you get.

quentin-

Reaction score
4G lte is amazing where I'm at. Downtown Detroit and I get close to 40/12 at night and about 12/6 during the busy parts of the day. And cell reception is awesome...I get 2 bars of service a mile away in a really thick building. And the only time I see it switch to 3G is when I'm in an elevator (but even then, I usually get 3-4 bars of service...what kind of monster radio did motorola make?). I'm getting rid of comcast as soon as they release a rom for this bad boy.

Also, has anyone else noticed a ping anomaly? When my reception is ideal, my ping is anywhere from 70-120ms (with speeds really high), which is not bad at all. But when my reception is at 2 bars or so...my ping is always LESS than 65ms (with speed around 6-10 mbps). This just doesn't make any sense...but in a good way :)

MichaelD

Reaction score
These speeds are fast

I'm getting 23-24 Mbps down & 5-14 up on 4G/LTE.
My TWC/RR connection only gets 4-5 down & 0.9-1.1 up (and the line is provisioned for 10Mbps down in the billing software).

318Droid

Reaction score
I just had to take a 45 minute trip to nearest city eith 4glte and jesus christ. This thing is moving faster than my wireless cable internet at home.

EDIT: 21.87 & 2.61

Last edited: