There has to be a way...Yahoo Mail contacts

OP
S

scottland7

Reaction score
I talked to a Verizon rep (after Motorola told me their technical staff was not available and would not be able to call back for 24 hours!). She suggested downloading Yahoo Mail for Android which I had been avoiding because of really shaky reviews. So, I first tried removing the Yahoo Mail account and re-installing like m6droid suggested. As it turned out, that must have been the way Verizon set it up for me initially because all the Incoming and Outgoing settings were exactly identical to what I had before I removed it. So, it was no surprise that the program still did not show my email contacts.

With no other option, I bit the bullet and downloaded Yahoo Mail for Android. Although the interface takes a little getting used to, it did indeed load my email contacts and seemed to show an accurate inbox, all my folders, etc. So, I have a solution, at least for as long as this app works for me.

Good luck to others trying to solve the same problem. At least I can compose an email on my phone now without having to have all my contact's email addresses memorized.

m6droid

Reaction score
I talked to a Verizon rep (after Motorola told me their technical staff was not available and would not be able to call back for 24 hours!). She suggested downloading Yahoo Mail for Android which I had been avoiding because of really shaky reviews. So, I first tried removing the Yahoo Mail account and re-installing like m6droid suggested. As it turned out, that must have been the way Verizon set it up for me initially because all the Incoming and Outgoing settings were exactly identical to what I had before I removed it. So, it was no surprise that the program still did not show my email contacts.

With no other option, I bit the bullet and downloaded Yahoo Mail for Android. Although the interface takes a little getting used to, it did indeed load my email contacts and seemed to show an accurate inbox, all my folders, etc. So, I have a solution, at least for as long as this app works for me.

Good luck to others trying to solve the same problem. At least I can compose an email on my phone now without having to have all my contact's email addresses memorized.

Strange that we are running the same app and email, but getting different results. Sorry that I couldn't help you at all. :(

Good luck with Yahoo app!

OP
S

scottland7

Reaction score

Strange that we are running the same app and email, but getting different results. Sorry that I couldn't help you at all. :(

It was a valiant effort on your part. Thanks for your time. At the end of the day, I have a solutution, so yuo definitely helped.

I agree that it's weird we did the same set up with Yahoo Mail and are getting different results. When you are in Yahoo Mail and are composing a new email, do you have to do anything special to get your contacts to start showing up as you type in the "To:" line? Or do your contacts start appearing and changing with each character you type, just as they do online?

m6droid

Reaction score

It was a valiant effort on your part. Thanks for your time. At the end of the day, I have a solutution, so yuo definitely helped.

I agree that it's weird we did the same set up with Yahoo Mail and are getting different results. When you are in Yahoo Mail and are composing a new email, do you have to do anything special to get your contacts to start showing up as you type in the "To:" line? Or do your contacts start appearing and changing with each character you type, just as they do online?

When I type in the "To:" line the contacts change with each character typed just like in a web browser on a PC or Mac.

OP
S

scottland7

Reaction score
Got it. Then, for whatever reason, the software seems to be working differently for me. Not sure why. But I'm good for now with the Yahoo Mail App. Thanks again for your help.