[THEMES] rubiX Focused Themes

pkbest

Reaction score
Tired of searching for all of the themes for rubiX Focused? Well then...
Here you go! Compiled list (with links) of all the rubiX Focused themes/ported themes.

FAQ:

Q: Do 1.9.7 themes work on 2.0 / 2.0.1?
A: Yes, the modifications from 1.9.7 to 2.0.1 were strictly tweaks!

If you like the themes, consider donating to the developers of the themes. They put a lot of hard work into creating and/or porting these themes...

----- LIST -----

WugFresh put together a very nice repository full of tested ports for different roms and has a couple sections for RubiX.
Some of the themes listed here are on it, but there are WAY more ports from ApeX ,for example, etc. Worth checking out! There are some untested ones as well on a list further down, so be careful.dancedroid

Last edited:
OP
pkbest

pkbest

Reaction score
Sticky?

If I missed any, I do apologize. Please comment and tell me which ones you want added to the list and Ill update it.

snake9

Reaction score
Thanks

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

trook

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get a plain old vanilla froyo theme for rubix?? I've looked everywhere, even the gummyjar thread and the links have been pulled there..... thanks.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

SuperChargedJ

Reaction score
Yall are forgetting the best of the best themes.

Linear. So sick. Trust me. Complete.

bgill55 - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Maybe I'll try and download this again but when I had it on my phone the first time some of the text could not be read because of the black on black. Also, when I used the Linear theme on Liberty the dialer was partially transparent which I loved. This version was not. Can anyone direct me to the Linear for Rubix that has the transparent dialer background and these other little theme fixes? Thanks.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
pkbest

pkbest

Reaction score
Yall are forgetting the best of the best themes.

Linear. So sick. Trust me. Complete.

bgill55 - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Maybe I'll try and download this again but when I had it on my phone the first time some of the text could not be read because of the black on black. Also, when I used the Linear theme on Liberty the dialer was partially transparent which I loved. This version was not. Can anyone direct me to the Linear for Rubix that has the transparent dialer background and these other little theme fixes? Thanks.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

I had the black on black issue as well and had to remove it. Many of the buttons would be black boxes with black text and you couldnt read it until you pressed it. Especially with gmail application. Kind of looked like an xml issue.

Chrussell1215

Reaction score
I posted this on another thread but just wanted to vent it here let me know what you all think...

---
It's really too bad they pulled support for Incognito. I know there is probably more to it then I am aware of. I personally prefer Incognito to all other themes including Linear. It's just so cleaner and goes with pretty much everything. I love bgill55's style and all the work he does but for some reason Linear doesn't quite do it for me like incognito did (I know I'm probably a minority here). I actually went from the liberty 1.5 rom with the Linear theme, to Rubix with Incognito and I have to say I don't think I'll be changing roms or themes anytime soon. It's too bad they gave up on Incognito/Invertnito...

Here is what I personally like in a theme (not that anyone really cares... just giving my two cents...)
-A Simplistic, clean, and uniform look
-Black, white, gray (maybe a very little hints of red, blue, green, orange, etc.)
-Flat colors no crazy gradients
- I like to feature my wallpapers and widgets. Color laden and cluttered themes limit what wallpapers and widgets look good. "less is way more"
-No themed icons (when the icons are themed I feel like I should only have the apps the themer chose to theme or my icon drawer looks weird...ADW themes work best if you want themed icons)
Themed apps: Dialer, contacts, gmail/email, messaging, google search... maybe the Android music app (I don't like to have to delete apps or wait for the themer in order to upgrade them)
-Themed lock screen: Clean monochrome and minimal

Themes I have tried and feel come close to my personal tastes: Incognito and Invertnito, Frost, Avalon, Mysterious Beast (still not a big fan of the gradients used in this theme, but it's still pretty great theme)... Runners Up: Linear, Matte Blue, UD

Basically as simple and clean as you can get... Incognito and Invetnito were the closest to a perfect theme in my opinion... It seems like %80-90 of the themes out there for the X are to cluttered and have way to much going on with color, and gradients, and obtrusive icons... I know the themers out there who work super hard are probably thinking people like me just need to shut up and learn to do it ourselves... and their probably right... until then I'll have to run an old outdated theme and pray some themer out there has my same tastes...
---

Ps Not trying to negate all the work themers put into their work. I am very thankful for how much talent exists in the android community! Just expressing what my eyes likes :) you may disagree.

Last edited: