Themes not working

Jayse

Reaction score
I was on 1.3, and downloaded the Gingerbread theme, only to have it change some of the icons and nothing else. I looked on the sorcery website and downloaded the theme from there and installed it and got the same problem. I noticed the download for the Gingerbread theme was name Sorcery1.1.zip, so I downgraded to Sorcery 1.1, installed the theme, and got the same problem. I just cannot get this ROM to theme. Anybody else have this issue, maybe some insight on why I can't install a theme correctly?

NicoleNXD

Reaction score
A lot of the times when that happens it means that you don't have enough space in your system. If you have root explorer check in there to see how much space you have.

Sent from my Sourcery using DroidForums App

listenman20

Reaction score
switch to intensity then back to GB and see what ya get. if you still have some intensity icons left over then we have a problem, but if it looks like it did before then that was all that was themed about GB to begin with.

listenman20

Reaction score
I take that back. It seriously loomed as if the GB theme I looked at after reading this post had the wrong framework in it. Maybe gflam will be up in a bit to fix this.

faracinman2

Reaction score
I tried the Gingerbread theme as well and switched to mutiple themes and the others worked fine. Every time I try the Gingerbread theme it results in what looks to be the sourcery blue theme.

listenman20

Reaction score
It ain't exactly that either. Menu has white on white text.

OP
J

Jayse

Reaction score
A lot of the times when that happens it means that you don't have enough space in your system. If you have root explorer check in there to see how much space you have.

Sent from my Sourcery using DroidForums App

Well this is on a fresh install of Sorcery so I don't think space is an issue. lol.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
OP
J

Jayse

Reaction score
Alright. Root explorer says I have 23 megs of free system memory AFTER deleting some non-essential apps (ones I don't use). The Gingerbread theme is 15.2 megs. I tried installing it again, and came up with the same problem. Clockwork mod does not give any errors, in fact it says that in install was completed successfully.

eagle1967 - I didn't mean to sound rude. I've never had a problem with themeing on other ROMS, I was not aware that memory would be an issue. I appreciate the post though.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
Alright. Root explorer says I have 23 megs of free system memory AFTER deleting some non-essential apps (ones I don't use). The Gingerbread theme is 15.2 megs. I tried installing it again, and came up with the same problem. Clockwork mod does not give any errors, in fact it says that in install was completed successfully.

eagle1967 - I didn't mean to sound rude. I've never had a problem with themeing on other ROMS, I was not aware that memory would be an issue. I appreciate the post though.

Not at all sorry if i sounded rude , didnt mean too. yeah 23 megs is freat 5 would do you. It does appear that the gingerbread theme is screwey he probably forgot to update it since he had just updated the day before. Ill check it out and if gflam shows up well get it fixed :)

Just checked out gingerbread and it definatley is screwed up. it has the 2.3 facings and the framework didnt change and the white on white is wierd because it shoule be a black menu. not sure but well get it fixed sorry :)

JayR_

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

memory has become an issue lately due to the feature packed roms we have come to love, im not exactly sure what your problem is, but if you have 23mb free in your system/app, then it may be a different issue.

however, they have a ton of work involved in upgrading the framework for a rom update, not to mention everything else that goes into the rom itself, the site, and posting all info in several places so its possible an error was made somewhere along the line.

at any rate, hang in there, these guys provide unparalleled support for their work and im sure you will have it fixed when time allows.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
Gingerbread Fixed

Sorry guys as you can tell we have a lot to test with every release and i guess we missed that one . if you had installed another animation with that theme it would of fixed it :)
Gflam did amazing work to get all these themes done but he had just fixed gingerbreads black text on black text the day before yesterday and think he grabbed the older framework on it.

GINGERBREAD THEME IS NOW WORKING!.

thanks for you patience.

Koop

Reaction score
The themes are not working for me either, though I have a separate issue. On a fresh install I can change themes once and its quick and easy as it should be. If I try to change it again, say to Luna or something, it just hangs. For 10+ min. Any ideas?

Koop

Reaction score
Well I went the round about way of DLing and installing via the zip directly. Still can't get it to work in the app.

Kias

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem as koop. The window pops up that says, be patient magic takes time. And it'll just sit there until I hit the home button. Had it sit there for two hours like that at work today.

The boot animation works, just not the themes after the first theme change.

Went back to 1.2 and it works ok there, but when I upgrade to 1.3 notta... ;)

Sent from my Sourcery Droid using Tapatalk