Themes not from Toolbox

nate.fehr

Reaction score
Rooting was super easy, installing Liberty was a breeze (after reading these forums for two weeks to get my nerve up). Now I've got a craving for the ported mau5 theme, but am unsure how to install it. Is it as simple as putting the zip someplace on the SD card and installing it from a bootstrap reboot recovery? Thanks.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
N

nate.fehr

Reaction score
Does it need to be anywhere specific on the card?

travp624

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Nope you just need to know where you put it thats it then reboot into clockwork recovery choose install from sd choose zip and bam let it do its thing then reboot also some themes do require you to mount system first but also some don't so.

OP
N

nate.fehr

Reaction score
Can you explain the mount system option more?

techarlj

Reaction score
Mounts

when installing themes or add-ons to the rom you need to mount the system...
go to mounts and storage, hit camera button, then when you have mount system highlighted again hit the camera button. when the system is mounted it will say unmount system. hit the power button to back out to the main menu and then go ahead and install your theme

ps. ive never had a problem mounting the system when it didn't need to be, but i have bricked a few times when i didn't mount but should have... just a good habit to get into when installing themes and add-ons; unless you love sbf'ing... if that's the case, are you in fargo? just kidding, but really.

Last edited: