Themes for apex gb?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is it me or are there no themes for this awesome rom?! If there are, please let me know!

Droid 2 APEX -The fastest ROM out there.

Goosey52

Reaction score
Usually he has the REVOlution theme with his ROM's. Look at post 3 in the RC2 thread. Other than that, I don't think there are any others

OP
ldopa

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah I got that one. Just checking if there were any others. Thanks

Droid 2 APEX -The fastest ROM out there.

d4dEf@c@

Reaction score
I'm going to try my hand at porting one or two this weekend, to see if I can and learn a new tool I found.

I have created a sort of half-theme already. I changed my motif icons to an all red set, changed the negotiation text color to red, themed the shade to grey and red over transparent black, red moto boot image, and dx boot animation.

With darkedge red for adw it looks nice. I haven't figured out how to get the system highlight color to match yet, but the yellow is not terrible.

I also installed sensei'a dark themed facebook and market from storm shadow.

Updated from my Apex D2 @ 1.2 GHz

Last edited:
OP
ldopa

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah I installed the dark apps zip with apex. Goes well with it.

Sent from my rooted DROID2

OP
ldopa

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Credit goes to kc cole (above) for compiling this zip and mobile sensei for the themed apps (storm shadow ultimate theme). Its a liberty gb theme, but these apps work with apex. Just mount in clockwork and flash (no wipe) this will theme your fb, market, astro and Pandora to look badass! Black and sleek. enjoy!

http://db.tt/LwVckWL

Droid 2 APEX GB v2.0

AsrMatt

Reaction score
Credit goes to kc cole (above) for compiling this zip and mobile sensei for the themed apps (storm shadow ultimate theme). Its a liberty gb theme, but these apps work with apex. Just mount in clockwork and flash (no wipe) this will theme your fb, market, astro and Pandora to look badass! Black and sleek. enjoy!

http://db.tt/LwVckWL

Droid 2 APEX GB v2.0

Thanks to all for this one. Going to check it out now. I am trying out Apex, but will be going back to Liberty to do some beta testing for a themer soon. I guess I will see how it works for both. dancedroid

DroidBurgundy

Reaction score
After using that dark zips.zip via clockwork, my market just fc's non stop. Anyone else have problems with that? I've tried removing it nd replacing it with several versions of the google android vending.apk but no luck. Guess I'll just have to restore or reflash. I tried putting blacked out gmail on this too, not sure if im exactly impressed with it, I like the standard colors :D

OP
ldopa

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's strange. It was working perfectly for weeks on my d2 and it all of a sudden started fc all the time. Bs! I wonder why? I kept the black fb but just went back to the normal market.

Droid 2 APEX GB v2.0

DroidBurgundy

Reaction score
It's strange. It was working perfectly for weeks on my d2 and it all of a sudden started fc all the time. Bs! I wonder why? I kept the black fb but just went back to the normal market.

Droid 2 APEX GB v2.0

Which version of the market did you go back to? I just checked and my nandroid had the black market cuz it had worked @ first. I tried a few versions O found on the web, but I think I might just reflash the entire thing and restore data to save time.

OP
ldopa

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
To be honest, that's what I did, but i did everything over. Wipe and all. I tweaked out toooooo much to not wipe haha. It takes me about half an hour to set up again. Now I'm flying again. Just so you know, you can always use the browser market and dl apps from there. Bit more of a pain but it's doable :)

Droid 2 APEX GB v2.0

DroidBurgundy

Reaction score
lol @ browser, no I was smarter this time, wiped everything, got everything working fine, simply got my g-apps and made a backup. Despite my wanting to learn more, I may not have the time in the next 2 weeks to mess around so I think I will just stay here with Apex :) Would like to tinker with cm7 and more importantly learn2theme as well...

TheHype

Reaction score
Been trying to create some themes for apex for a few days now, the problem i keep running into is i cant get the wifi statsus or the service status to theme. I checked in the actual rom and i couldnt find the stats_sys_wifi_signal in anydrawables. Any one know how its setup in this rom?