Theme Release: "VENOM".. UD 3.0.1, UD 3.1.0 and 3.1.1

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Had this finished an hour after it released lastnight but I had a few issues to resolve.. got most of them finished up but the market doesn't apply so I need to figure that out.. Also, Gmail isn't a system/app so I'll add it as a signed app later... Unfortunately, the UI settings for changing colors isn't in the ROM so I didn't touch the ongoing notifications bars but the clock and date are themed and the lockscreen stuff is too... I had one random reboot early this morning but since then it's been stable and looks good... it's an update.zip so install via recovery and make a back up first... Enjoy!....... Use the same download link as 3.1.0 for 3.1.1.. it works..

THEMED APK'S:

framework-res
Settings
SystemUI
Browser
Contacts
Camera
Phone
Mms
Calculator
DeskCLock
Vending - Uninstall market updates after the flash and this will apply
---------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE*- the backgrounds for lockscreen and deskclock are a black transparent so your wallpaper will show through slightly... I didn't realize this until I changed my wallpaper and saw it... It's not a big issue though...

CAP201102141025.jpg
CAP201102141023.jpg
CAP201102141027.jpg
CAP201102141028-1.jpg
CAP201102141108.jpg
CAP201102141029.jpg
CAP201102141017.jpg
CAP2011021412411.jpg
CAP201103111525.jpg

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10789872/VENOM_UD_3.0.1_DROID1.zip <-- VENOM - UD 3.0.1 - DROID1

http://bit.ly/VenomUD <-- VENOM DOWNLOAD UD 3.1.0 - DROID1

Last edited:

OSX2000

Reaction score
How'd you get the status bar text green? I'm assuming it's a bunch of smali nonsense, I just can't figure out which file(s) control that in GB roms. Great looking theme, btw!

OP
B-boy™

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
How'd you get the status bar text green? I'm assuming it's a bunch of smali nonsense, I just can't figure out which file(s) control that in GB roms. Great looking theme, btw!

It's actually just the bright_foreground_dark in res/values/colors.xml I think... that also controls the main system text color. The only other xml colors I change are the bottom 6 for lockscreen stuff in colors, then the progress bar I change and I write in some stuff for the lockscreen clock... so narrowing it down, I believe it's the bright_foreground_dark line....

If BD isn't gonna add in the UI settings to change all the colors, then I'll see if I can change that also... I think I found where the text is pointed for ongoing notifications in the pulldown... then I can make the item background darker, too.... hope this helps..

OSX2000

Reaction score

It's actually just the bright_foreground_dark in res/values/colors.xml I think... that also controls the main system text color. The only other xml colors I change are the bottom 6 for lockscreen stuff in colors, then the progress bar I change and I write in some stuff for the lockscreen clock... so narrowing it down, I believe it's the bright_foreground_dark line....

If BD isn't gonna add in the UI settings to change all the colors, then I'll see if I can change that also... I think I found where the text is pointed for ongoing notifications in the pulldown... then I can make the item background darker, too.... hope this helps..
That's definitely pointing me in the right direction, thank you!