YankInDaSouth

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Just saw Twitter AND Facebook updates :cus:

Working on getting them both updated and out to you guys ASAP ...

OP
YankInDaSouth

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Facebook and Twitter have been updated ... click the link in my sig and grab the link from the main thread. Didn't have time to update the links in this OP yet ...

OP
YankInDaSouth

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Download links ...

There will not be direct download links in the OP anymore. Instead, there is a link that will direct you to the "main" Renovated thread where you will be able to get all the links.

Sorry for the extra steps, but trying to update the download links across 5 threads is becoming too time consuming. Supporting 4 ROMs with 2 versions of the theme for each ROM = a lot of updating :laugh:

Hope you all understand ...

OP
YankInDaSouth

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Links in the OP should have the latest and greatest FB update (1.4.1) ... I have had a few beers though! I am hoping I didn't screw anything up!!!!

flyinion

Reaction score
Hey was just trying this out and ran into a problem. I have been running Incognito 3.0 over Sapphire 1.1.1 and I did flash back to the stock theme first but the Incognito themed google search widget is remaining in use. I looked through the .zip's for both the original full Sapphire ROM and the default theme as well as the Incognito zip and see that the search widget is only in the original ROM and in the Incognito theme but they are different file names.

Is it possible you can theme the search widget through an "update.zip" or tell me what I need to modify to put the original non-themed one back in? I know if I just drop the .apk in the system/apps folder with root explorer I understand things like the search softkey won't work but I don't know what to change to fix that.

OP
YankInDaSouth

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Hey was just trying this out and ran into a problem. I have been running Incognito 3.0 over Sapphire 1.1.1 and I did flash back to the stock theme first but the Incognito themed google search widget is remaining in use. I looked through the .zip's for both the original full Sapphire ROM and the default theme as well as the Incognito zip and see that the search widget is only in the original ROM and in the Incognito theme but they are different file names.

Is it possible you can theme the search widget through an "update.zip" or tell me what I need to modify to put the original non-themed one back in? I know if I just drop the .apk in the system/apps folder with root explorer I understand things like the search softkey won't work but I don't know what to change to fix that.

OK, you should be able to just open this .zip folder and transfer the .apk that's inside to you SD card and try installing it that way (NOTE: DO NOT try to install this .zip like a theme!). If that doesn't work, try renaming the .apk that's currently installed and then try installing this one. If neither of those work let me know and I'll create a .zip that you can install like a theme and we'll try that way ....

maslan

Reaction score
I have the Black Bar Mod installed - do i still need to go back to stock to use this theme? No biggie - just did not want to do something if i did not have to. Looks nice!

OP
YankInDaSouth

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
I have the Black Bar Mod installed - do i still need to go back to stock to use this theme? No biggie - just did not want to do something if i did not have to. Looks nice!

You could try and install right over that ... I think it'll be OK because there are no apps themed with that. Of course be sure you have a current backup just in case. Let me know how you make out!

flyinion

Reaction score
OK, you should be able to just open this .zip folder and transfer the .apk that's inside to you SD card and try installing it that way (NOTE: DO NOT try to install this .zip like a theme!). If that doesn't work, try renaming the .apk that's currently installed and then try installing this one. If neither of those work let me know and I'll create a .zip that you can install like a theme and we'll try that way ....

Thanks, I think I'm going to just end up hanging onto what I have until either a new version of Sapphire comes out or I switch to a different ROM. The problem is more than just installing the .apk since it's tied to the system/app folder. I yanked the one out of system/app last night, rebooted, and installed the one off the Market which does work except that the framework for the ROM is expecting a certain named file in system/app and I don't know where to change it. So the search button breaks (not that I really use it anyway that's what I have the widget for).

I kind of decided the transparent dark gray from Incognito theming on it goes better with your theme than the default one lol. With a new version of Sapphire supposedly on the way, I think it would probably be a waste of time to try and fix this back to a stock look now that I think about it. I do have one request, can you post the home screen icon you use for LP? The gear one?

maslan

Reaction score

You could try and install right over that ... I think it'll be OK because there are no apps themed with that. Of course be sure you have a current backup just in case. Let me know how you make out!

Worked fine!.. Thanks for these theme.