[THEME] RedRum 2.0

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score
How do I take the LP .png file and apply it with the theme? The updated LP icons make this theme complete, without it it doesn't feel finished to me.

Other than that its a solid theme. The boot animation was cool but laggy on my device, not a big deal to me though.
put the png on ur sd card. From your homescreen, hit the menu button, click on "Preferences" -> Appearance Settings -> Dock Background. Select "custom" the navigate to where you put it on your sd card and choose the file. Back out of the settings menu and the dock will now be there.

Anybody else having a laggy boot animation? Works fine on my phone, but I guess I could "up" the FPS a bit.

Boot looks fine on my Droid! GREAT job all around on the face lift and all you put in this theme my Droid has never looked better dancedroid

tkang69

Reaction score
Awesome Theme!

Long time lurker, first time poster... Gotta say that this is a wonderful looking theme. I was using WatermarkD's theme before, which I loved the icons on. I applied the RedRum 2.0 Theme right over top of it, and surprisingly it kept some of the old icons (which I still love).

I've thought about porting over just the icons to use, but I'm pretty happy with the theme as is. Thanks!

OP
carlz28

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Long time lurker, first time poster... Gotta say that this is a wonderful looking theme. I was using WatermarkD's theme before, which I loved the icons on. I applied the RedRum 2.0 Theme right over top of it, and surprisingly it kept some of the old icons (which I still love).

I've thought about porting over just the icons to use, but I'm pretty happy with the theme as is. Thanks!
Cool. Glad you like the theme! I didn't really change any of the app icons with this theme so you're correct that they would remain the same as your previous theme. I did have some in the beta version, but decided they weren't really worthy of being on the ballot for Red Rum. There will be new icons however in the update.

Speaking of...there is a glitch in the first release. Nothing performance related, but something I overlooked.
If anyone can find it, free custom boot animation ;)

Which means there will be an update in a day or two.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Question before I jot off to bed. I installed your theme but then just tried some others out to see what I liked the best. Your bootanimation remains no matter what I do though. I even tried reinstalling sapphire and I tried installing a different bootanimation. Do you know how to remove the bootanimation?

OP
carlz28

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Question before I jot off to bed. I installed your theme but then just tried some others out to see what I liked the best. Your bootanimation remains no matter what I do though. I even tried reinstalling sapphire and I tried installing a different bootanimation. Do you know how to remove the bootanimation?
The theme installs the bootanimation in the /system/media/ folder.
Thats where you'll find it. You can remove it from there. But if you remove it, and another theme doesn't have one included, you will have no boot animation whatsoever.

cc2iscool

Reaction score
Speaking of...there is a glitch in the first release. Nothing performance related, but something I overlooked.

When the phone is in landscape mode, the sliders on the lock screen are in chrome!

OP
carlz28

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

When the phone is in landscape mode, the sliders on the lock screen are in chrome!
WINNER!

Somehow I copied a folder from roberj13's alternate dark to redrum.
Had waaaaay too may folders open lol

OP
carlz28

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
OP is updated with new screenshots and file downloads. Update available on ROM Manager as well.
I think you'll enjoy the enhancements ;)

Also available is the Droid 2 multi-touch keyboard to match the theme. Available for download in the OP.

Last edited:

cc2iscool

Reaction score
Nice keyboard! Installed the updated version of the theme and loving the new icons so far.

One question though, maybe I've missed it somewhere... but where do you get the icon that you use in Launcher Pro for your application list?

OP
carlz28

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Nice keyboard! Installed the updated version of the theme and loving the new icons so far.

One question though, maybe I've missed it somewhere... but where do you get the icon that you use in Launcher Pro for your application list?
Nope, you didn't miss it. I forgot to link it in the OP. It is there now. Check it out for the images/links to download.

cc2iscool

Reaction score
Man I would love to see this theme in blue. I love the red, but I bet the blue would look even better. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I know black ice is out there...but for some reason it just doesn't seem...complete.

OP
carlz28

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Man I would love to see this theme in blue. I love the red, but I bet the blue would look even better. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I know black ice is out there...but for some reason it just doesn't seem...complete.
Funny you should say that. I'm working on a dark blue version of this. But probably wont be out until later next week.

cc2iscool

Reaction score
Funny you should say that. I'm working on a dark blue version of this. But probably wont be out until later next week.

Ooh, maybe now I'll finally have a reason to use that Black Ice boot animation you have...it looks so amazing but doesn't work with the red theme. :)

Using the Red Rum version now of the boot animation on my phone to complement the red theme.