[theme] red d2g

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
Okay so I installed the ROM (not theme) and after I sign in to my google account, I get "Communicating with server. Please wait." and it never goes away. I rebooted 3 times already and it always happens. I cant hit the home button to get to the home screen, or the back button.

I can't do anything. Has anyone else tried this? =\

OP
Castro

Castro

Reaction score
I'm sure you've wiped data and cache...try doing it 3 times . I'm at work but I will look into it once I get home.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
Yep, wiped 3 times exactly.

At this point i'm just gonna SBF back to stock, but I'll give it another shot anyways, just in case there was some weird problem going from Fission to this rom.

regnarp

Reaction score
Let me know when they do a black One :)

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App...no rom as of yet.

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
Okay, I had trouble with my phone after trying to get back to stock, but eventually I figured it out.

Anyways, I reapplied the theme and it works great so far. Will report any issues if I run across any.

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
One issue I do have with it is the increments in which the battery icon starts to drop. As soon as my battery drops to 90% (by checking in the battery stats), the icon shows 80%. Then when my battery is at 70% the icon shows 60%. I'm assuming it'll show 40% when I get to 50%.

Is this fixable? I'm already paranoid enough about my battery life lol.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

OP
Castro

Castro

Reaction score
One issue I do have with it is the increments in which the battery icon starts to drop. As soon as my battery drops to 90% (by checking in the battery stats), the icon shows 80%. Then when my battery is at 70% the icon shows 60%. I'm assuming it'll show 40% when I get to 50%.

Haha yea I can probably fix it. I'll give it a shot.

Dark Lazer

Reaction score

Thanks man, I appreciate it!

Aside from that, everything else seems to be running smoothly.

OP
Castro

Castro

Reaction score

Thanks man, I appreciate it!

Aside from that, everything else seems to be running smoothly.

Well, so I gave it a shot without much success. I'm not sure if there is a way to leave it at 100% even when it goes down to 90% on the battery stats. I can always just change the battery icon to one without percentages.

Last edited:

mreyn3693

Reaction score

LOL, That is the only thing that slightly bothers me about this and the bnb theme you ported as well. Your work is awesome but as a d2g owner that already has battery issues, it is disturbing when it reads 10% lower than what it really is :). I know someone said it's actually the ROM that reads it wrong. I was wondering if it could be as simple as replacing the icons for certain percentages with ones that are 10% higher than what they are called for? I'm not sure if that even made sense. Also, is it possible to use certain parts of this theme with a random theme found on FRM? Like if I wanted to use the red power control widget to replace the black one, could I just swap the images after transferring the theme folder over to pc?

mreyn3693

Reaction score
Haha, I totally disregarded the instructions and loaded this theme this while running fission 2.4.3

That was about a week ago. I've since went back to another theme on the FRM but reading back through this topic I saw it was for the d2g stock deodexed rom. Everything worked fine as far as I could tell. Was it not supposed to work running fission? Or were there things that wouldn't work that I just didn't notice or open?