Theme other apps?

CageU

Reaction score
Absolutely love this theme. Thanks for all the hard work!

What I am trying to do is theme the Improved Email app from the market with the .png files from the Email.apk that is included with this theme. I use Exchange and the Improved Email app fixes the security issues but looks ugly as heck without all the nice BlackGlass menu buttons and such.

The problem I am running into is that the Email.apk doesn't appear to have all the same ic_menu_xxxx.png files as Improved Email. Do some of the apk files in BlackGlass share resources? Is that even possible? Sorry for the ignorance but I am somewhat of a newb trying to figure it all out. If anyone can point me in the right direction to make this work that would be awesome.

Thanks!

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Absolutely love this theme. Thanks for all the hard work!

What I am trying to do is theme the Improved Email app from the market with the .png files from the Email.apk that is included with this theme. I use Exchange and the Improved Email app fixes the security issues but looks ugly as heck without all the nice BlackGlass menu buttons and such.

The problem I am running into is that the Email.apk doesn't appear to have all the same ic_menu_xxxx.png files as Improved Email. Do some of the apk files in BlackGlass share resources? Is that even possible? Sorry for the ignorance but I am somewhat of a newb trying to figure it all out. If anyone can point me in the right direction to make this work that would be awesome.

Thanks!

Can you be more specific about "improved Email app"...I haven't heard of this.

OP
C

CageU

Reaction score
Yeah, it's an app in the market. Basically just a tweaked out version of the standard Email app. Biggest thing is that it fixes the issues with Exchange security policies so us Exchange users don't get the constant security update errors. Actually I found out about it from a posting on these forums. You can just search Improved Email in the market if you want to check it out. I was just trying to figure out how to copy the nice graphics from your theme into their .zip file so all the menus and buttons look nice.