[THEME] OreoSlice "Liberty's favorite cookie"

microsnook

Reaction score
Droidzforlife, did you ever make that lockscreen font change zip?

Thank you!

jsin

Reaction score
Finnaly got a few mins this evening to look into the market DC issue. Duno if it was covered yet but here's how I fixed it. I found the issue followed into a stock libirty reflash so I uninstalled the market updater and vendor apk then reflased liberty 1.5 verified the market was working again the flashed the latest Oreo theme. Works gray again!

edwards2243

Reaction score
Will re-flashing liberty 1.5 without wiping cache and data delete my settings, txts, etc?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

droidxethan

Reaction score
Will re-flashing liberty 1.5 without wiping cache and data delete my settings, txts, etc?

u have to wipe data to re-flash the rom just make a back up of ur user apps with titanium backup and then restore the data for the stuff u want back (ex. handcent)

tb110895

Reaction score

u have to wipe data to re-flash the rom just make a back up of ur user apps with titanium backup and then restore the data for the stuff u want back (ex. handcent)

No he doesn't. You can reflash the ROM like a regular theme, no wiping involved.
No it will not delete any of your stuff

sent from my Liberated Droid 2

edwards2243

Reaction score

No he doesn't. You can reflash the ROM like a regular theme, no wiping involved.

So all I need to do is flash the same liberty1.5 zip file that I originally flashed(without wiping data/cache), flash the theme zip, then reboot and I'll still have my widgets in place, text messages, etc? I've never heard of re-flashing a ROM prior to flashing a new theme, which is why I haven't tried oreoslice yet...and it's killing me.

droidxethan

Reaction score

i did not no that, sry for the confusion *mindblown

tb110895

Reaction score

So all I need to do is flash the same liberty1.5 zip file that I originally flashed(without wiping data/cache), flash the theme zip, then reboot and I'll still have my widgets in place, text messages, etc? I've never heard of re-flashing a ROM prior to flashing a new theme, which is why I haven't tried oreoslice yet...and it's killing me.

You reflash the ROM, without wiping anything and nothing will change except the app that were themed before in whatever theme you were using
Then I usually reboot and make sure everything is okay
Then I boot into bootstrap and flash the theme
Reboot, and enjoy.
Widgets, texts, etc will be fine.
Post your results!

tb110895

Reaction score

Haha, its cool. I didn't know either until I flashed limeslice awhile back and wanted the apps and fonts to change back to stock on the next theme but they were still themed from limeslice so I PM'd droidzforlife and that's what he told me to do.
Nice little trick IMO.

droidxethan

Reaction score

Haha, its cool. I didn't know either until I flashed limeslice awhile back and wanted the apps and fonts to change back to stock on the next theme but they were still themed from limeslice so I PM'd droidzforlife and that's what he told me to do.
Nice little trick IMO.

Sweet deal do u no if that works for throttle hack to? Like does it get rid of it if I reflash I think its hurting my battery

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

droidxethan

Reaction score
Anybody figure out a solution to the market FC with the DX?

That's really weird why that happens to u but it works fine for me? Do u overclock? If so try to run stock for awhile and see what happens

Dubin04

Reaction score
Fresh liberty then install the theme.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

tb110895

Reaction score

Nice little trick IMO.

Sweet deal do u no if that works for throttle hack to? Like does it get rid of it if I reflash I think its hurting my battery

I'm not sure what throttle hack is but if it un themes apps then I guess its worth a shot. It couldn't hurt