Theme Manager and Elite Pro HD

kjohnson

Reaction score
Finally resorted back to MIUI, obviously because it's awesome :)

I'm having some trouble using the Theme Manager...not sure why so I'm hoping for help.

Here's my situation. Installed MIUI 1.1.14.1 and all is working fine. Downloaded the Elite .mtz file and placed it directly in the MIUI/theme folder and it shows up. Press to install and it goes, slowly but surely. I thought it would ask me to restart but it doesn't, so I restart anyways. Nothing has changed! :icon_evil:

In the Theme Manager, beside all of the options it says that its installed. I've downloaded the file twice thinking that maybe it was corrupted the first time. Same deal with the second try.

Any thoughts at all?

StealthMode

Reaction score
Did you flash a kernel? If so, you need to flash the theme fixer right after you flash a kernel to fix the theme issue.
Correct me if I'm wrong?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
K

kjohnson

Reaction score
Still running stock kernel, haven't made it that far. I was hoping to theme and see how it ran with that afterward. Everything is stock, as far as I know.

EDIT: Leave it up to me to completely disregard checking the OP. I'm going to flash that zip since I'm having trouble applying themes :icon_eek:

Last edited:

leonozug

Reaction score
I had similar problems with the ElitePro HD theme. It's a big file as far as themes go. The last time I applied it, it took a really long time, but it finally worked. After a couple times of trying it too.

StealthMode

Reaction score
I'm having launcher force closes with it lately.... But I'm just waiting for 1.1.22

tp4bama

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Just a tip to help themes load, keep the phone awake the whole time it loads. The new theme manager in 1.1.22 is nice too. A big change from 1.1.14 :)

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
If you don't reboot and go to the launcher you should find that out installed and reboot isn't necessary. But the frustrating thing is I've found that upon rebooting, I lose the theme even though in theme manager out shows as the theme is currently installed.
Ideas? Solutions?
Jam's script worked great regarding being able to actually install themes, now just need one to flash so I can keep the theme, as the process has been made beyond simple, but redo after reboot is time consuming as I do need to actually use it.

Any news on getting the 4 way booter back again, since it seems I can't get su permissions for any of my hot reboot apps, as well as several other apps requiring su permissions, even after fixing permissions multiple times? Some do get the su perm, so I can't understand why yes for some and negative on others.

tp4bama

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
If you don't reboot and go to the launcher you should find that out installed and reboot isn't necessary. But the frustrating thing is I've found that upon rebooting, I lose the theme even though in theme manager out shows as the theme is currently installed.
Ideas? Solutions?
Jam's script worked great regarding being able to actually install themes, now just need one to flash so I can keep the theme, as the process has been made beyond simple, but redo after reboot is time consuming as I do need to actually use it.

Any news on getting the 4 way booter back again, since it seems I can't get su permissions for any of my hot reboot apps, as well as several other apps requiring su permissions, even after fixing permissions multiple times? Some do get the su perm, so I can't understand why yes for some and negative on others.

the 4 way boot won't be in the new release, but there are widgets that will do it for you.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Ideas? Solutions?

the 4 way boot won't be in the new release, but there are widgets that will do it for you.

do you know if the pin lock screen has been fixed in the new update? The current build tends to go in bootloops after applying the pin.

tp4bama

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
do you know if the pin lock screen has been fixed in the new update? The current build tends to go in bootloops after applying the pin.

haven't tried it yet and prob wont for a lil bit b/c i dont want the risk of bootloops. I already had to reflash the new build 3 times last night trying to theme the new music player, which had to much denim for my taste :)

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score

haven't tried it yet and prob wont for a lil bit b/c i dont want the risk of bootloops. I already had to reflash the new build 3 times last night trying to theme the new music player, which had to much denim for my taste :)

Ahhhhhh.. your lucky. you have a piece of the pie already :icon_ banana:

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
TP what would you recommend as I think I've tried everything that has hot reboot as an option, and it seems like su just ignores its existence, as when I went to try them I never would even get the su pop up, nor does it register in the su log at all either as allowed.or denied.
PM if you can't post in thread.
Thanks
I see you live in Bama, which caused a nueron to fire, making me recall back in an early South Park, they came up with a great kids action figure called Alabama Man, came with backhand to the wife's face action plus six pack and bowling ball. Worth looking for vid clip. oh and recommendation for hot boot widget would be appreciated.
DWB