[THEME] I Present.. Red Glass for UD 2.4 (D1 and Dinc)..

bigjonmoo73

Reaction score
Everything is awesome on this theme... Except one thing! I can't change the background from this... That and those two non-red icons on the homescreen, haha. :)
screenshot_11.png

JayR_

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hey hey thats some pretty nice lookin wallpaper ya got there lol

Sent from my Droid

bigjonmoo73

Reaction score
Yes it is! Thank you Mr. Eiker! It's a pretty sweet pic! The only problem I have noticed so far is that when you are typing on the keyboard, the autospell word does not highlight, it still works, but will not highlight the word that it would put in.

hufn

Reaction score
Sweet! Thanks!! Loved this in 2.0 and missed it terribly in 2.3.

Ballmore - I'd like the wallpaper if you change the red to match :) Thanks all!

D

dazedabyss

red glass

i am always lookin forward to your red glass theme awesome job and thank you.

ballmore

Reaction score
Sweet! Thanks!! Loved this in 2.0 and missed it terribly in 2.3.

Ballmore - I'd like the wallpaper if you change the red to match :) Thanks all!

It will be a few days. My job gets busier during the weekend. Have you tried the wallpaper without the color correction? It still looks good. I'm just a perfectionist sometimes. :)

Azhrei

Reaction score
Hey X, thanx again for keeping red glass alive but man, I think you may have gone too far. I love red glass but have a couple complaints with this one.

1. The status bar is horrendous. It looks cheesy and makes it hard to read the icons and text. I realize the theme is RED glass but not EVERYTHING has to be red man. I say it looks better with a black or smoked status bar with red framework icons to stand out better against.

2. The background in the call screen is a nice image but I'd rather go without if it has to be chopped or tiled, or whatever is causing it to look so broken.

I love the extra red accents especially in contacts but honestly man, I personally am reverting back to stock 2.4 and just gonna use ADW + red black theme. Don't get me wrong though, I love the fact that you're keeping it going and have even started making your own themes. It's like I've gotten to watch you turn into a themer! Good job and keep it up, just wanted to throw in my 2 cents.

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hey X, thanx again for keeping red glass alive but man, I think you may have gone too far. I love red glass but have a couple complaints with this one.

1. The status bar is horrendous. It looks cheesy and makes it hard to read the icons and text. I realize the theme is RED glass but not EVERYTHING has to be red man. I say it looks better with a black or smoked status bar with red framework icons to stand out better against.

2. The background in the call screen is a nice image but I'd rather go without if it has to be chopped or tiled, or whatever is causing it to look so broken.

I love the extra red accents especially in contacts but honestly man, I personally am reverting back to stock 2.4 and just gonna use ADW + red black theme. Don't get me wrong though, I love the fact that you're keeping it going and have even started making your own themes. It's like I've gotten to watch you turn into a themer! Good job and keep it up, just wanted to throw in my 2 cents.

Hey man.. glad to hear some criticism. Always good to know both sides ya know. As for number 1... I was thinking about this myself.. pondering black or a different image without as much color variation throughout it.

As for number 2... are you referring to how the dialer background and the background where the numbers are when you punch them in are different? Just trying to be clear ya know.

Azhrei

Reaction score
no, i'm talking about how above the numbers, the background image is spliced and has a hard line where the image starts and stops. i don't really have a good way of explaining it.

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Something like this for the status bar was what I had already made.

Attachments

• statusbar_background.9.png
    statusbar_background.9.png
    10.8 KB · Views: 190
OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
no, i'm talking about how above the numbers, the background image is spliced and has a hard line where the image starts and stops. i don't really have a good way of explaining it.

No, I know what you are talking about now. Those are 2 seperate image files. I can change the "top" one to black and post as a separate d/l with a diff status bar as well. It will take me literally about 10 minutes. No sweat if you want to try it out.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
@xkape...
I also tried a new approach with the status bar, but as Adroid pointed out, it also brought on un wanted effects with some.... so I went back to smoked semi transparent and couldn't be happier with it....but wanted to try something different,

On the other hand, I've always made my themes with blue toned system fonts, but someone mentioned that they had a tough time with the blue contrasts and wanted white.... so, I thought that perhaps others also wanted white text back..... well wouldn't you know it, the white font version framework update.zip is barely being downloaded, while the regular TruBlue_UDv2.4 keeps getting downloaded at a steady pace...

So what I'm getting at is that we gotta try new things, and we can't expect everyone to be happy with everything. Just keep putting out your fantastic work, and you'll make a lot of members happy, but impossible to make 'all' happy...... we all just have differing tastes, that's what makes us 'us' ;)

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
dont know what the deal is after installing this theme now i cant down load anything from the maket. hoping its just the maket acting funny and not my phone

Go into manage applications and clear the data and cache from the market.

I just downloaded and installed Angry Birds Seasons (been meaning to do that) and it went fine.