theme Chooser Question

schmaltzy

Reaction score
A while back I tried out a Cyanogen build that had the theme chooser built in. There you could download quite a few different themes and switch to them with the theme chooser. I know that the red one is available through the UD menu, but can a guy download other themes found and apply them with the theme chooser? Or do they need to be made specific for UD?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
You can actually use all those cm themes. I am currently running the nexus red theme from ud but have run several other themes including honeybread from xda. They should work with any rom that has the theme choser.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
S

schmaltzy

Reaction score
You can actually use all those cm themes. I am currently running the nexus red theme from ud but have run several other themes including honeybread from xda. They should work with any rom that has the theme choser.

Do you happen to have a link to that theme? Or the page where a bunch of theme's might be listed?

Apprazer

Reaction score
Funny, I just installed the nexus red and can't see any difference in my d1's appearance.

Sent from my Droid

bshayes

Reaction score
Funny, I just installed the nexus red and can't see any difference in my d1's appearance.

Sent from my Droid

Have you restarted your D1? Most of the time you will not see any difference until you restart your phone.

Here is the link to some CM Theme chooser themes posted on the XDA website.
[THREAD] Theme Chooser For CM7 / Percentage icons (UPDATED :02/22/11) - xda-developers. I have yet to try these out on UD 3.1 but I have been messing with a few of theme on LGB 1.31 and they all work nicely. Enjoy

Apprazer

Reaction score
Yes, rebooted. Thanks for the link, I have time to play today and will let you know.

Sent from my Droid

OP
S

schmaltzy

Reaction score
Yes, I think it does work. I just installed the blue buzzer with circle battery. Installed fine, but I don't have the circle battery.

Edit: I rebooted to see if the circle battery would show up and it didn't. None of my widgets would load either! Haven't had this problem before, so I'm not sure if it's related to the theme....??

Last edited:

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I have not experienced any problems with these themes. I didn't have to reboot or anything for them to take. All I did was download them, install them via root explorer, went into the theme chooser hit apply and everything showed up as expected. Hope this helps.