[THEME] Blackout-Red for Liberty v0.8

stealthychief

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Blackout-Red
Liberty v0.8

Here's another theme for you guys who are rocking Liberty v0.8...It's similar to my Blackout-Green theme (in red of course) but I added a lot more tweaks and system app edits this time around. There are 2 versions : a circle battery version and a horizontal battery version. I also have made 2 Smart keyboard skins and a Red Goodies (Dock icons and wallpapers) availalble to download seperatly. I'll be updating this theme like I do with Blackout-Green so if you like it then check back every now and then for flashable updates. Also I think I'll make one more Blackout-theme before I switch up my style so if anyone has any color combinations you would like to see comment below! Finally, if you guys have any requests for a non-system app you would like themed for either this theme or Blackout-Green I'll be more than happy to do that for you for a small donation ;). If you discover any mistakes or glitches please let me know and I will fix asap. Enjoy!

Fully Themed apps:
Framework-res
Blur-res
Moto-res
SystemUI
Settings
Phone
Dialer
Contacts
Market
Calculator

Partially themed apps:
Gmail (Icon, Notification icon, and a few buttons - see screenshot below)
Browser (Icon)
Camera (Icon)
Camcorder (Icon)
Gallery (Icon and default wallpaper)
Music (Icon)
Talk (Icon)

homeya.png

statusbaru.png

dialery.png

phonem.png

voicemail.png

contactdialing.png

recentcalls.png

contactsa.png

settingsln.png

lockscreenbkv.png

appsthemed.png

googlesearcht.png

googlesearch2.png

20110701100404.png

allredkeyboard.png

gmailw.png

calculator.png

markets.png

market2n.png

messagesn.png

*Disclaimer*
I am not responsible for anything this does to your phone. Download at your own risk. Always make a backup first!

Installation Instructions
1. Download theme and save to SD card
2. Boot into Clockwork Recovery
3. Select downloaded theme
4. Reboot

For red goodies - just unzip the file then transfer folder/files over to sd card.
Smart keyboards skins are not flashable! You must have Smart Keyboard installed to use.

Download Links

Circle Battery version
Horizontal Battery version
Red goodies
Red keys keyboard

Credits
-- Thank you to those of you who tested this theme and provided feedback! It was very helpful to hear those comments/critiques!
-- All wallpapers included in goodies.zip were pulled from Fliki Wallpapers HD

Last edited:
OP
stealthychief

stealthychief

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Updates
Just realized that I forgot to throw systemUI back into the zip file so that would explain why some of you arn't seeing themed 3G symbols and status bar images! I'll put up and update for you guys who already have flashed as well as fix the orignal dl links pretty soon.

SystemUI update -Download

Settings update - Download

7/21/2011 New Market update - Here's a dl link for the new market themed black and red. Only thing I still can't figure out is the market icon showing up, which Iv'e noticed a guy over at XDA had the same problem when he released an inverted new market. For Blackout-blue I changed the default system icon (in framework-res) to the market icon I wanted to have and that worked well so I can do the same for this if people want. But for now I figured this would be good enough especially since I think most people probably launch the market either from the dock in which you can change the icon to your liking pretty easily.
New Market themed - Download

Last edited:

vargus21

Reaction score
Wow, you got this out quick. I just got the WIP version from you last night haha. Good to see all the themed apps, and also thanks for the goodies. I really wanted a copy of the stock wallpaper. Great job.

OP
stealthychief

stealthychief

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Wow, you got this out quick. I just got the WIP version from you last night haha. Good to see all the themed apps, and also thanks for the goodies. I really wanted a copy of the stock wallpaper. Great job.

haha thanks, yeah I was almost done with it when I sent it with you. Glad you like it!

meaker

Reaction score
Man the market looks awesome in this theme.. Good job with everything.. I love red/black themes.. I just hope you figure out how to change swype up. Maybe if you can just make the trace line red instead of yellow. Your smart keyboard are incredible looking but I don't use smart:(
It doesn't look like you were able to fix the red bubble with red numbers in the status bar.. Not a big deal..

OP
stealthychief

stealthychief

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Man the market looks awesome in this theme.. Good job with everything.. I love red/black themes.. I just hope you figure out how to change swype up. Maybe if you can just make the trace line red instead of yellow. Your smart keyboard are incredible looking but I don't use smart:(
It doesn't look like you were able to fix the red bubble with red numbers in the status bar.. Not a big deal..

Hey thanks! Yeah that's exactly what I want for swype, hopefully I can figure it out soon..yeah I was looking all over for those images but I'm unsure which images they are now..Do you mind posting a screen of the effect that is happening for you? I might be able to recognize the images then.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Awesome man! I was stoked to test this out for you! Very well done and I'm not even a fan of red, but it'd balanced quite well. Is there any chance someone could post the red market zip file from this theme? It would be greatly appreciated!

From my Self-Aware Droid 2 APEX GB v2.0

rlblosser

Reaction score
Not all showing up

So I was running the green blackout theme with the framework update, and wanted to give this a shot. When I booted the phone, the alarm clock, signal strength, and 3g icon were all still green. I went into settings, and all of those icons were still green. All of the themed apps worked, and the battery changed to red too. Any idea how to fix this? I've been waiting on a great red theme for a while now! Thanks.

meaker

Reaction score
See my text icon with the red bubble, well there is a red 2 in the bubble right now. You can hardly see it. I hope this helps. It does the same on fb invites..
ae60e5a4-ea09-98ad.jpg

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
stealthychief

stealthychief

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
So I was running the green blackout theme with the framework update, and wanted to give this a shot. When I booted the phone, the alarm clock, signal strength, and 3g icon were all still green. I went into settings, and all of those icons were still green. All of the themed apps worked, and the battery changed to red too. Any idea how to fix this? I've been waiting on a great red theme for a while now! Thanks.

Hmm Idk about that. I installed right over stock liberty theme just to test and everything worked fine. Maybe try wiping cache when you flash it? If that doesn't work then try flashing the stock liberty test theme which I think you can grab from mr_brady's thread of his themes then flash Blackout-Red over that. For some reason the SystemUI isn't flashing over correctly that's why your'e seeing the green icons.

See my text icon with the red bubble, well there is a red 2 in the bubble right now. You can hardly see it. I hope this helps. It does the same on fb invites..
ae60e5a4-ea09-98ad.jpg

Oh ok I see what you mean yeah that's an easy fix. I'll put up update for that soon for you. :)

rlblosser

Reaction score
Green issues

I applied the stock yellow theme after wiping cache, and it came out all mixed up. The battery was yellow, alarm grey, and signal/3g green. In settings all the icons were still green. I guess I will just stick with green for now. Thanks though :)

meaker

Reaction score
I applied the stock yellow theme after wiping cache, and it came out all mixed up. The battery was yellow, alarm grey, and signal/3g green. In settings all the icons were still green. I guess I will just stick with green for now. Thanks though :)

Any time I install a new theme I either reflash the rom or I go back to a" back up" that is of the rom with no theme on it... I always do a cache wipe between themes too...

OP
stealthychief

stealthychief

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Any time I install a new theme I either reflash the rom or I go back to a" back up" that is of the rom with no theme on it... I always do a cache wipe between themes too...

Turns out I forgot to include SystemUI in the zip for both versions so that's why riblosser was having those problems..I updated both versions with SystemUI included (Post 1) as well as a update for those who have already flashed the theme (Post 2). I also changed what I think the notification red bubble that you were having trouble with. It should be grey now..let me know if that didn't fix it.

stangdroid

Reaction score
I am loving this theme. Thank you for letting me test it before release. The charging icon looks much better. I was wondering if you would be able to add some red to the alarm icon, the download successful and unsuccessful icons too? That would be perfect. Thank you for your work on this theme.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I noticed the lock screen when its in a dock/multimedia station is still the stock green and gray.

Last edited:
OP
stealthychief

stealthychief

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I am loving this theme. Thank you for letting me test it before release. The charging icon looks much better. I was wondering if you would be able to add some red to the alarm icon, the download successful and unsuccessful icons too? That would be perfect. Thank you for your work on this theme.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I noticed the lock screen when its in a dock/multimedia station is still the stock green and gray.

Yep sure thing. Noticed the alarm icon when I put up the update..will fix that soon. I still can't find where the download successful and unscuccesful icons are at..thought they would be in the market resources, but I didn't see them but I'll keep looking. As for the lockscreen I will also update that for you soon :)

Last edited: