The worst night of my life!

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok so I finally got the courage to flash liberty. I wiped data and cache and dalvik cache (maybe that was my problem), I flashed and it said installed so I rebooted and it sat at the liberty logo and did nothing else. I waited about 20 min and still nothing. So I pulled the battery to try and get into clockwork. Nothing. I tried all the tricks to get into cw but nothing. So I went into stock recovery and wiped data and cache, still nothing. So thank god I practiced sbf and had all the programs and files to do it. So I tried but it kept failing. I did not know what to do. Thank god for chris from the forums who told me to try it on a newer pc (mine was old). It worked! Thank god. What a horrible first experience with roms. Now my market is showing errors while downloading anything. At least I'm back. Any thoughts?

Sent from my rooted DROID2

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
Is it saying unknown error -17 I think is the number....if so then plug your phone back into the (you can't do if threw the phone itself) go to your sd card and you will see a fill call .android_secure file delete it all together you might loose some apps but that's the only way I have figured out how to fix it

OP
ldopa

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's a little orange triangle with a! In the center and it says download unsuccessful. Its in the notification bar

OP
ldopa

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah market data and cache and factory reset. I was on the phone with moto and verizon and I think I'll probably get more help here. This happened only after the sbf. I can download if I go to the market on dolphin mini but I would really like to be able to use my market app. I want to try flashing liberty again but I'm afraid of the same thing happening again that I explained above. If I do ill follow the directions and only do a data wipe not a cache partition and dalvik wipe. This could have been the reason I couldn't get into cw

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Well, you know the stock is a ROM itself. Liberty is a ROM. Fission is a ROM. They all have different stuff that improves different areas on your phone. So, try flashing Liberty ROM and then try the market. Don't do anything but mount system, wipe data and cache, flash Liberty zip.

OP
ldopa

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm aware of that. Wait, so I have to mount the system first? This is what I did. I went into cw wiped data/factory reset, then wiped cache partition then wiped dalvik cache, then installed liberty. The instructions on the post says just wipe data then install. It doesn't say to mount or anything. But do you think I should try that? I was thinking of just wiping data then install. I just want it to work. I really want to get on liberty

OP
ldopa

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you click on the error notification what does it say?

tappin and a talkin

A little box comes up saying something like download unsuccessful please try again

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Which Liberty are you trying to flash? 2.0.1 or the Gingerbread one? I've never had to wipe cache partition or wipe dalvik cache when flashing a ROM.

When I used to get that Unsuccessful download sign once in awhile, it had something to do with an app being on the SD Card rather than the phone's internal memory. I would move that app back to the phone's internal memory, try the download again and it would be successful. I don't know how some of the app(s) even get moved to the SD Card to begin with. I thought it would ask you first if you want to do that or not. But in some cases it did it without asking me. I've been wondering if Titanium Backup Pro has something to do with that when you backup apps + data? Not sure.

Last edited:
OP
ldopa

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm an idiot for wiping everything like that. I just wanted to be thorough. That's probably why I my phone bricked. I want to install 2.0.1. And about the market, it still doesn't work. The only way I was able to get my apps back was through tb. Everything else was normal after the sbf.

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
This is the steps you take when flashing a ROM.

-boot into recovery via clockworks bootstrap
-select "wipe data/factory reset"
-select "Yes -- delete all data"
-go back "powerbutton"
-select "install zip from sdcard"
-select "choose zip from sdcard"
-find and select LibertyX/2-X.X.zip
-reboot

Try it again. Flash Liberty 2.0.1 according to the steps above and then once your phone has settled down, try the market and see if it fixes the issue.

OP
ldopa

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
How long should I let it sit on the boot logo for? I know the first time it's supposed to be longer than normal. I waited 15 min yesterday. So I got it, no wiping of cache or anything just data and flash. Its wonderful how much help i get on these forums. Thanks a lot.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
I am unsure what you might want me to add but I can say in my experience wiping the cache was not the problem I usually wipe my cache when flashing and have yet to have a problem. On to the dalvik cache, I can't actually comment on this for the d2g but on my moto backflip it was always recomended to wipe dalvik cache when flashing. Always. I have wiped my dalvik cache once, I think, on the d2g as instructed for a modification and I can say it did not hurt a thing. I am leaning towards a bad zip file. Sometimes it gets corupt when downloading. Rare but happens.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

OP
ldopa

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am unsure what you might want me to add but I can say in my experience wiping the cache was not the problem I usually wipe my cache when flashing and have yet to have a problem. On to the dalvik cache, I can't actually comment on this for the d2g but on my moto backflip it was always recomended to wipe dalvik cache when flashing. Always. I have wiped my dalvik cache once, I think, on the d2g as instructed for a modification and I can say it did not hurt a thing. I am leaning towards a bad zip file. Sometimes it gets corupt when downloading. Rare but happens.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

I do appreciate any input. I'm eager to learn. I downloaded from the link in the liberty thread but I downloaded right to my phone so maybe there was a problem there. I'm on a d2 not a d2g by the way. I'm gonna try it again sometime soon. Thanks