The truth about your reception (is it as bad as you think?)

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Try learning how to spell ignorantly or how to use spell check before you start calling other users ignorant.

The problems that myself and other users have with reception are not imagined.

I for one can be standing right next to another verizon 4g lte customer and while their phone can connect and stream video flawlessly this pos gnex is still trying to connect to the stream.

It's not about any perceived value on a meter. It is about performance.....which really sucks!!!!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Droid Forums

Why can't we just have a phone that works???? I don't want a phone that almost works the way it should.

If you can show me a device that do not have issues then I would agree. But if you go to the razr thread you ill see complaints like this, similar for d4, bionic, and rezound (actually rezound radios are solid the battery life is lacking), even the iphone has its share of issues which is why they push updates. You have to understand that carriers dont just rush out an update not even an emergency one. Last year when they pushed out a bad update that cause random reboots they could have easily pushed a quick fix (the devs had one) and yet they didnt. For one verizon has to go through protocol and departments to get a software pushed. 2) carriers, like verizon, likes to ration our updates so to seem like its prolonging the device. Oems could have given vzw the green light in march and verizon may hold off for a month to 1) ensure they have the proper literature and support to guide customers who update 2) wait until close to a new device release. This is why personally I do not wait on vzw for a fix. If I have a problem I will research and find a fix. This way if it is a device I can say "Its the phone and I know 100% fact the update wont fix it".

MyDroid23

Reaction score
Only time will tell. Not that I don't know how to root and install roms and such. I will let vzw fix this one and if it doesn't fix my problems I shall ask for another gnex or wait for the s3 and ask kindly for it in exchange.

Reaction score
My reception is much better than it was on all my LTE phones. Verizon is slowly fixing their network. I don't ignorently blame my phones like many forum dwellers.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Only time will tell. Not that I don't know how to root and install roms and such. I will let vzw fix this one and if it doesn't fix my problems I shall ask for another gnex or wait for the s3 and ask kindly for it in exchange.
Let me know how the SG3 turns out,I want too know the outcome on that.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Ok the samsung charge reports lte data similar to the nexus, the nexus...well you already know... So if the SG3 comes to vzw using samsung's radios with lte and ics (which samsung was able to test on the nexus) guess how it will report data. Just like the other Samsung devices on lte. My point is going from nexus to sg3 is like going from frying pan into the oven...probably worse. The nexus is unlocked so you can install new software. You can bet the sg3 is gonna be a little tougher to hack than the nexus, loaded with bloat, and since it has a custom ui will take longer to issue an update. If you want the sg3 just cuz then get it but dont think that dumping the nexus for the sg3 will automatically give you the same signal readings as a rezound or razr... yeah that is not going to happen.