The Rescue Squad Turns One Year Old Today!!!

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
droidforums-RS-pic.png

One Year and Counting…

Today is a special day for many here on Droid Forums. We are celebrating the 1 year anniversary of the formation of the Rescue Squad.

Have you ever been afraid to ask a question? For whatever reason you didn’t think anyone would answer or you would get told no? Well, there is one thing I have learned in my time at Droid Forums and that is to never be afraid to ask a question. But, be careful what you wish for because you just might get it. Last year one such question was asked. It was one of those “what if” kind of suggestions.

It’s hard to imagine these forums without the RS anymore these days. But we all know things have to start somewhere. As many of you know Droid Forums prides itself on being a step above the rest. Not just in the information or the members, but on the style and atmosphere we have cultivated. I have actually done a good bit of research on this and come to find out the concept of a member based technical support group is pretty much nonexistent. So when it was proposed to have just such a group on DF there was much skepticism.
Someone asked if it was possible to start a group to help around the forum with the many rooting and non-rooting questions. We were given a shot by one of the Admins (JimMariner) and started out as just one of the social groups. There was just a few of us then, six to be exact. As the forum grew so did we, as we now number 30 across four forums.

Starting with a few simple rules: never tell someone to use the search, be willing to stick with someone as long as you can to solve the problem, be thoughtful with everyone. With this in mind, and taking a “see a need fill a need” approach to things we set out. We made guides and gathered information, we even had our own dedicated hosting for files we deemed necessary in the rooting and recovery process (Currently being re-organized and moved to Android.net).

We have come a long way in a year and even though this day celebrates the RS, we would not be here if it was not for the great membership and staff at all the Forum Foundries/Android.net sites. So with that, I thank you all!!
Now to meet the entire RS crew:

The Honoraries are Mods/Admins from the sister sites that have gone above and beyond in assisting the RS on the various sites.

Abe21599(DF&DXF) – Go getter, smart and witty.
AnneDroid(DF) – on LOA
BayouFlyFisher(DF) – Elusive but always helpful
Chritim(DF) – “The wise one” always likes to ask questions
Dlwtrose(DF) – Probably the most sane of us all
Dmacleo(DF) – “The Enigma”
Doug Piston(IncF) – Absolutely Amazing with Android and constantly pushing to learn more while taking time out to help members with issues.
Debian Dog(DXF) - Quick on Linux, Mac user.
Droid-Xer(DXF) - Quick to help, dedicated, knows his stuff inside & out.
Dustinface(FF) – Has some pretty wacky hours, so you’ll find him Rescue Squading when the East Coasters have long since lost consciousness.
Furbearingmammal(DF) – Fuzzy in person and personality
Jonny Kansas(DF&DXF – Knowledgeable but quiet
Jstafford1(DF&ALL) – “The Pitbull” and idea man
Mhartman(DF) – “The Saint” of the bunch, just don’t get on his bad side ;)
Psychotic_penguin(DXF) - Patient, treats all members equal, goes above and beyond.
Pc747(DF&ALL) – Very much the optimist
S197(IncF) - Exceptional Android knowledge with willingness to impart his knowledge to others.
Sele(FF) - self-proclaimed flash-a-ROM-aholic, whose ability to help people out of near-brick situations comes from having had to do it many times himself!
Tallica(DF) – “The Joker” always fun to talk to and work with
Titans(DF) – The young one…just outta high school :p
Tweebee(IncF) - Positive, quick to answer the call to help, always willing to see the problems through.
Wicked(DXF) - Super great with photoshop, quick to help.
1KDS(DXF) – Great fit to the team, smart, willing to help.
JimMariner(ALL) – Honorary RS – Helped get the whole thing rolling.
Enlightened(IncF) –Honorary RS – Dedicated and insightful.
Jkhonea(IncF) – Honorary RS
Smalltowngirl(DXF) – Honorary RS
Mujibar(FF) – Honorary RS
x-tac23(FF&DF) – Honorary RS
Garemlin(DXF) – Honorary RS
Shiftyshadee(IncF) – Honorary RS

Comments are from the Admins of the respective sites.
A special thanks to the Big Droids: John, Dan, and Doug. Without their support none of this would have been possible.

And this is the question that started it all.
“I would like to propose a quasi official rescue squad for Droid Forums. I see so many questions asked over and over and have walked a few people through issues, I think we need a dedicated group that is here for the little guy. I think this could be very useful and help teach some of the newer droiders how to root and mod the right way.

What do you guys think?”

Once again…Thank you Droid Forums!!!!!

So…what DO you guys think?? ;)

Last edited:

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
grats on the one-year mark guys. i remember this question being asked and i'm glad it worked out like it has. at the time, we thought it was a good method to get the community involved, but now i think i can speak for everyone when i say this: i'm glad the RS exploded into what it is today because THE COMMUNITY is where the knowledge base is, not just the staff. we wouldn't have made it here without you all, that much is for sure. i know you have helped me out on more than one occasion.. ;)

a big thanks to you all.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks to all th admin, staff, forum members, and android community we enjoy learning and being apart of the community.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Happy Birthday guys/Gals! You peeps do a great job at helping the helpless out of their jams, Salute you all! :pint:

LadyAngler

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
:bday1: Happy Happy Birthday to the Rescue Squad! :) yaaaaayyy!
Thanks for all that you do for the Android community.

Sent from my Droidz

Last edited:

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
Help I bricked my phone & RSD lite won't sbf over scuzzy!
62f96991-36e8-198c.jpg

I don't know how you guys deal with it. Thanks

nhra1ss

Reaction score
Happy Birthday!!!!! I have this place to thank for answering all my questions and a place to hang with fellow Droid owners dancedroid.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can say I did enjoy my time on the rs. You all are a bunch of great people, many of which I am glad to call friends. Hope this group stands the test of time and can celebrate this day for many more :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk