The Razer Phone Has Leaked Includes Beastly Specs

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
ap_resize-3-png.78016

Razer the company behind the popular high powered gaming laptops has decided to try their hand at creating a monster phone. They purchased Nexbit and have been working on the project ever since. We now have a leaked image along with a specs list leaked by a mobile carrier in the UK. The phone will come with a 120Hz 5.72" display, dual front facing speakers, dual cameras with 12mp / f1.75 wide angle and 13mp / f2.6 zoom camera, 4,000mah battery with qualcomm quick charge 4.0, 8GB of RAM and 4G Super Voice. A GFXBench benchmark shows that the phone will ship with a 1440p display, Snapdragon 835 cpu, and Android 7.1.1. The phone should be announced officially tomorrow November 1st. With a heavy focus on gaming this may be the perfect phone for hardcore gamers.

via Reddit

Attachments

• ap_resize (3).png
    ap_resize (3).png
    17.1 KB · Views: 2,240

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
ap_resize-3-png.78016

Razer the company behind the popular high powered gaming laptops has decided to try their hand at creating a monster phone. They purchased Nexbit and have been working on the project ever since. We now have a leaked image along with a specs list leaked by a mobile carrier in the UK. The phone will come with a 120Hz 5.72" display, dual front facing speakers, dual cameras with 12mp / f1.75 wide angle and 13mp / f2.6 zoom camera, 4,000mah battery with qualcomm quick charge 4.0, 8GB of RAM and 4G Super Voice. A GFXBench benchmark shows that the phone will ship with a 1440p display, Snapdragon 835 cpu, and Android 7.1.1. The phone should be announced officially tomorrow November 1st. With a heavy focus on gaming this may be the perfect phone for hardcore gamers.

via Reddit
So what games are out there that requires that kind of power? What am I missing?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Briankbl

Reaction score
So what games are out there that requires that kind of power? What am I missing?

VR games. Phones seriously overheat as it is, so they better have a really good cooling system in this thing...

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Batman8

Reaction score
I AM a hardcore mobile gamer, and these specs mean very little if the device doesn't also come with at least 128GB or 256GB of on board storage to hold the many super large HD games out now! For gaming, the screen could have been bigger too.

That's the one thing that pisses me off about my Note 8...we couldn't buy the larger sizes here in the U.S.!!! 64GB does NOTHING for HD gaming.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
VR games. Phones seriously overheat as it is, so they better have a really good cooling system in this thing...

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Ok that explains it. I don't have a VR headset so I don't follow the games available.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Gaming is cool (or hot, depends on how you look at it), but I would want a beast phone just to do everything else faster.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Today's flagship processor, the SnapDragon 835, runs quite a bit cooler then any before it. It really is a huge difference. It's very hard to get my phone to put out any noticeable heat. I like Razer and wish them luck. But since everyone wants just a pane of glass today, this phone with bezels is just doomed. ;)

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
My Note8 Runs FASTER and COOLER than my Moto Z Force with the SD820. I also have a Rugged Case on my Note8 and no Case on my Moto Z Force. Looks like Qualcomm is headed in the Right Direction. Now we need a Streamlined Android Experience.

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
They make some cool keyboards and mice, but I think they have their work cut out for them trying to compete in this space.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Thing will cost $1k and look like xperia z from 5 years ago. Incoming failure in my opinion.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Early reviews are out. Definitely a nice gaming phone.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk