The Official Thunderbolt ROMs & Kernels Listing 2.0

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
never mind I am not going to root my phone. too much bull **** to do. i been sitting here waiting for all the garbage files to download and its taking eternity. this is something i wanted to do now. i dont know how you all had the patience and I havent even been able to find a really good tutorial out there. everything has to be so obscure about it. the best one i found so far was from android police and it sucks ass.

Please watch the language this is a family friendly forum.

As for a good link to root your Tbolt stop on by www.thunderboltforums.com we have plenty of info for you.

Rooting is not always a quick process but I recomend going the long way the first time as you will learn tons about what's going phone.

You have to start some where. :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

jmm5351

Reaction score
waste of time. someone should just make a crap program to root it for you. it would be so much easier, so much quicker, less painless, and less stupid. i cant believe the process that you have to undergo in order to put on a custom rom onto your thunderbolt. especially when it has an open boot loader and people are allowed to do this. my 360 was easier to hack than the thunderbolt and that thing was on lock down. psp was so easy my 8 year old sister could have hacked it and it also was on lock down.

texazranger09

Reaction score
waste of time. someone should just make a crap program to root it for you. it would be so much easier, so much quicker, less painless, and less stupid. i cant believe the process that you have to undergo in order to put on a custom rom onto your thunderbolt. especially when it has an open boot loader and people are allowed to do this. my 360 was easier to hack than the thunderbolt and that thing was on lock down. psp was so easy my 8 year old sister could have hacked it and it also was on lock down.

Well if its too much of a problem to go through this then there's no point in whining about it. It's easy, there's videos on YouTube showing every single step to go through. One click roots weren't working for this phone its not like it wasn't thought about.
If you want to root the mr2 radio is for gingerbread roms only. And if you plan on keeping this phone I highly suggest you root, if not, It's no loss to the rest of us.

you've been....THUNDASTRUCK!

jmm5351

Reaction score

Well if its too much of a problem to go through this then there's no point in whining about it. It's easy, there's videos on YouTube showing every single step to go through. One click roots weren't working for this phone its not like it wasn't thought about.
If you want to root the mr2 radio is for gingerbread roms only. And if you plan on keeping this phone I highly suggest you root, if not, It's no loss to the rest of us.

you've been....THUNDASTRUCK!

I will man up and admit that I was being incompitant about rooting. I built up the patience and rooted my thunderbolt and I am very pleased. It is awesome now. The process is still a little crazy and takes a good chunk of time though you have to admit. I used BAMF 3.0 RC4 Rom and just used the standard kernel that came built in with it. Is there a better kernel that will work with this Das BAMF 3.0 Rom. And also I am currently using MR2 and was wondering if the MR2.5 radio is any better. Thanks people.

OP
Demolition Man
Reaction score
7/9 2:10 PM NOTE - EVERYONE PLEASE READ

Over the past few weeks I have been contemplating about keeping the Thunderbolt or selling it. I haven't been fully happy with the device in all honesty and while I have the utmost respect for everything the developers have done to make the Thunderbolt usable in the end I have made the decision to sell it. Or in this case use Verizon's trade in program as its pretty guaranteed to how much I will get for my Thunderbolt. I will continue to update the listing until I can find an suitable person to take over. Thank you everyone on both XDA and Droid Forums for allowing me to run this listing. I am very honored and very proud of this listing and trust me whatever the next device I'll get rather if its the Droid Bionic, Samsung Galaxy S II, or whatever I already plan on doing an listing just like this for that device.

Also to note since I know it will get asked here on DF - I don't know if whomever will take over will continue to updated it here on DF. While I would prefer to get someone who can if that person is unable to for whatever reason I will at least make sure an URL is posted in this thread linking to the XDA thread run by whomever takes over.

Last edited:

texazranger09

Reaction score

AlexSB

Reaction score
Thanks for keeping this updated man, I know you probably won't be working on the list for much longer but you have helped me in my search for which rom to try tremendously.

Can I get a recommendation? Right now I'm on das bamf 3.0, and I really do like the sense 3.0. I'm thinking of trying either Thunderstick, synergy, or Inject theory. Any suggestions?

AWESOMEbolt

svan71

Reaction score
OP
Demolition Man
Reaction score
Thank you everyone here on Droid Forum for giving me an opportunity to help out even if this was a small contribution at best compared to the amazing work the developers do for us on an daily basis. I have officially "passed the torch" to Ryanmo5 on XDA which means from here on out this listing will only be updated on XDA.

The Official Thunderbolt ROMs & Kernels Listing v2.5 (Updated 7/26 12:40 AM CST) - xda-developers

Again thank you very much. I'll be back someday on whatever the next 4G LTE phone I get on Verizon to start and maintain an listing for that device. But for now... I'm going to enjoy a much needed break from the daily grind of updating.

See you soon!

dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

xashaffer

Reaction score
Just saying as a user of Liquid Gingersense that it should be under Sense 2.1/3,0 Hybrids. In the phone settings it still shows as 2.1, but it has many features of Sense 3.0

OP
Demolition Man
Reaction score
Just saying as a user of Liquid Gingersense that it should be under Sense 2.1/3,0 Hybrids. In the phone settings it still shows as 2.1, but it has many features of Sense 3.0

Good news for you is that the "passing of the torch" on running the listings has been delayed for a few days. Problem fixed on the latest update.

massivegunz

Reaction score
Running Liquid Gingersense. Had it charged to %100 friday night. It is now Sunday 11:00 AM and still at %39 Battery. Have not put it on charger since Friday and using stock battery!

xashaffer

Reaction score
Yep its the best ROM out there for the TB. Also for whoever is updating this now, LGS just got an update to version 1.6

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums