The official I've Pre-Ordered a Pixel 3 Thread

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6
No, it doesn't really matter. But, I tend to agree that if you pre-order, you should at least get the phone the day you could pick it up in the store. Offering pre-orders gives the manufacturers & distributors a clearer picture of how many units they need where. If they get a ton of pre-orders in a certain area, maybe they don't need to ship as many to stores in that area.

When I pre-ordered my Note 4 from Verizon, I got it either the day it hot store shelves or the day before. It's a nice way to thank the people whore making distribution a little easier on you.

That said, I pre-ordered unlocked from Google because I give Verizon enough of my money. Before I checked out, they told me my estimated date to receive the phone was around the 22nd. I could've paid more to get it a couple days sooner, but chose not to. Chances are good I could've walked into my local Verizon store & picked one up on launch day, but I made my choice & won't complain about it even though I think if they can get devices to stores by a certain date, they should be able to get them to customers by the same date.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

When it comes to Verizon, i agree with you 110%. I tried them once, but never again. IMHO, they don't care about customer service, just customer money. :p

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I just received an email this morning that in eligible for $50 Google Store credit. I might actually spring for the Pixel Stand with that.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Yeah, that's what I'm planning on doing.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Comes Monday.

So it's a winner or what?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL
So far, I really like it, but most of my time with it has been setting it up & logging into everything that didn't transfer from my OG XL.
@Jonny Kansas what screen protector did you go with?
None. Never been a fan. I got a Spigen Rugged Armor case to start.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
So far, I really like it, but most of my time with it has been setting it up & logging into everything that didn't transfer from my OG XL.None. Never been a fan. I got a Spigen Rugged Armor case to start.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL
Gotcha.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
And pre order the first day usually gets you something.

Verizon throws in a pixel stand.

I understand verizon charges a bit more.

I hope everyone can get and afford this phone.

Oh only through verizon you get the charger. I was wondering why I couldn't get it to go through with a free stand from the google site. Now I know.

bnpdp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
God's Phone aka Pixel 3 XL
3xl in hand.

AWESOME!!!

One huge difference noticed right away is how the phone handles Fortnite. xl2 could only choose high on graphics, xl3 can go to the highest setting of Epic which is a big difference in visuals. xl2 continually locked up during game play, so far xl3 does not and maybe that's because it's only a couple hours new. But those 2 things tell me there is something different under the hood other than a slightly faster processor.

Hope everyone got their phone today.

bnpdp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
God's Phone aka Pixel 3 XL
@Jonny Kansas what screen protector did you go with?
I wouldn't recommend the Verizon brand. It isn't curved on the ends so all the way around it doesn't touch the glass. Not really noticable with the phone on but looks horrible when it's off. I loved the Verizon glass for xl2 but this xl3 version is going back to the store.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Thanks for the heads up. I never buy accessories from Verizon. They charge too much.

I ordered caseology and intelliarmor ones but won't come for another 2 weeks.

In the meantime, I ordered cheapy ones from eBay to hold me over.

I wouldn't recommend the Verizon brand. It isn't curved on the ends so all the way around it doesn't touch the glass. Not really noticable with the phone on but looks horrible when it's off. I loved the Verizon glass for xl2 but this xl3 version is going back to the store.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
I got my pixel 3 XL & stand today in the mail. First impression is that this is a sexy phone. It looks so much sleeker than the past two Pixels and it feels nicer. It feels like a quality product in your hand. There may not be many changes hardware wise but this phone feels like a huge upgrade from the original pixel.