The New Moto Z's Worst Feature is a Missing Feature

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
And to add to the intelligent conversation regarding the lack of wireless charging, for just a few bucks, there will be adapters like this one that fit between the custom wood or plastic phone back, meet up with the appropriate contacts and accomplish this...

SKU1740613.jpg

And unlike the iPhone 6 plus, the ones for the Moto Z won't need to fish outside the case and into the USB-C port, because of the convenient placement of the pogo pin contact points.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Here's the picture I was talking about earlier. My bt setup in my car just change the headset for the car bt

b304384921f28f92c267c473a6f1603b.jpg

d72c3f6408df252078a1e5b676f2c3b1.jpg

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Amagine

Reaction score
How certain are we on cheap power pass through for an audio jack though? The only ones I have seen have been for the Mac book air on one of their hubs and it's A not small and B 80 bucks.
While a grand idea. I don't think this was a great execution by the industry. I mean it's just getting over the raft of bad USB C cables at the moment.
And let's face it, it's Intel that's pushing this. Not design direction. Intel owns the property on USB and guess what? If they can get it on more devices and more cables produced it's saving their bottom line. Nothing more nothing less.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
So? What are you, anti American companies?!? LoL Other then the fact that I have 50 mini-usb cables and 5 chargers, I'm not sad to see mini-USB go.
And there certainly is some design direction at play. Aren't you even a smidgen happy to not have to ever stop and think again: is this cable upside down or upside right? One jack for power and headphone.
Time and technology march on.

Sent from Turbo II

k1601

Reaction score
I'm really excited for the type C, and don't care in the least about the lack of headphone jack. Although at the same time I personally like the jack on top when it is on a phone! Then it comes up or if you're pocket better.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
So? What are you, anti American companies?!? LoL Other then the fact that I have 50 mini-usb cables and 5 chargers, I'm not sad to see mini-USB go.
And there certainly is some design direction at play. Aren't you even a smidgen happy to not have to ever stop and think again: is this cable upside down or upside right? One jack for power and headphone.
Time and technology march on.

Sent from Turbo II
Your existing cables and chargers will be compatible through an adapter, so you affix the adapter and then never worry again about orientation (cable plug/jack, that is...).

As for the headphone versus charging, I don't think the pass through adapter will need to be anything like the one mentioned above for Apple. The connections are digital but the USB Type C would only need a tiny A to D converter and wires to make the connection.

440e0aade8d001e79b71236ced4a2ad3.jpg

cce2788dea3aef6d60d26b73157a18a9.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

creaky

Reaction score
Terrible idea. I like talking on headphones in my car while the phone is charging. Plus, I don't like the feel of ultra thin phones.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
These aren't the First Smartphones to not have 3.5mm Jacks. I remember Samsung making the Omnia and Black Jack with WinMo back in the Day and they had Special Connectors that you needed to use Headphones. I would be Able to use my Samsung Level Headphones without the Adapter. No Big Deal. If this phone gets battery life like my Turbo and Charges so fast im not concerned about using it and not being able to charge at the same time. I still want this phone, the Force that is.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Terrible idea. I like talking on headphones in my car while the phone is charging. Plus, I don't like the feel of ultra thin phones.
Still a good idea. Just not your next phone. ;)

Sent from Turbo II

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Don't do that in Ohio or new York. It's against the law.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro

I don't like wafer thin phones either. But...for this phone, that's where the custom designed back plates come into play. Just snap on a real wood, real leather, soft grip rubber, or ballistic nylon back plate and the phone looks awesome and is no longer super wafer thin. :D

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not to mention that it's dangerous because it could easily block out sounds that you need to be alert for, hence why it's illegal in some states.