The New Member thread

eyephoto

Reaction score
Bonjour to all.[the Target ad influenced me]

History:
This is my first 'smartphone'. My daughter made me buy it. I have had real simple phones for years. I am a photographer who didn't need a camera on a phone. I also have used computers regularly for years. Why did I need a smartphone? It boils down to convenience and flexibility. I like being able to do everything these phones can do.

Forums: Not used to them. But here I am. I was trying to look up whether or not the Droid 2 Global has an internal antenna. Lately. the phone reacts in areas where we are supposed to have coverage. I have seen an ad that this antenna, "It's like having a four foot antenna on your phone." In the instructions it says to place it in the direction of the existing antenna. But where is the existing antenna? That is question #1. Question #2: My phone shuts off, not power down when I move my hands in certain ways. Of course it did not do it for a person at the store. I went online only to find many comments about it. And why hasn't there been any updates to fix the problem. Switch the phone for a new one, that is not solving the problem and many people say it still happens. Anyone want to comment on that?

Thanks...
Eyephoto

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Welcome aboard! Our home is your home!!. Enjoy!!!

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome.

1. Many different factors could play a part in loss of signal or lower than average signal. Some areas are just in dead spots. I go from 4G to 1X if I move around an area near my work, only about 10 feet.

2. Random reboots are an issue with almost any handset (android, iOS, winmo). If you have constant reboots (more than a few times a day) then just exchange the unit.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums!! I hope you get your signal issues figured out quick!! :biggrin: