The mobile network is unavailable

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
My sister is having an issue with her Droid. I had rooted and custom ROMd it for her, she's really not technical or anything. Anyway, she receives email fine, but when she tries to place a call she gets a message that the Mobile Network is not available. I thought it was maybe some service outage (she's in NY, I'm in FL), but she is able to make calls with my mom's phone (which is a dumbphone, if that matters). Any ideas? Tried searching google for that message but didn't find anything. Is it just a temporary service outage? I assume it can't be the phone since she's still getting emails and other data stuff. it's just the phone calls that are down...

Smokie

Reaction score
maybe try *228 and reprogram the phone? also, what happens if you try and call her phone from yours? does it goto voice mail? ring at all?

OP
czerdrill

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
ill ask her to try the *228...when i call her it rings three times then goes to voicemail...

OP
czerdrill

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
*228 didn't work for her, but she did a battery pull and it worked...don't know if it was just a weird glitch, or something else but it's working for her now...thanks!