The Mate 9 By Huawei Looks Just Like The Note 7

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Huawei-Mate-9-Two-Variants.jpg

Huawei has really come of age in the Western World over the past few years. I have been following the company for years, but last year they entered American consciousness with the release of the Huawei built Nexus 6P. Then the Honor series also started to roll out in the US bringing even more credence to their name. The Huawei P8 made lots of buzz in the Android community with the Leica branded dual lens camera system.

As Huawei prepares to launch their newest flagship the P9 images are already starting to leak. It appears that the P9 takes design cues directly from the Galaxy Note 7. The phone features the same dual edge display as seen on the Note 7 according to the leaked images. There is expected to be a normal and premium version of the device and both phones should include the Kirin 960 SOC. The P9 looks pretty incredible so far.

via AndroidGuys

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
With Google screwing the pooch with the Pixel, discontinuing the Nexus line, my happiness with my Huawei 6P, and there being so few bootloader-unlockable phones available in the US, I'll be looking to China with interest to see what's available to meet my needs (both bootloader-wise and network-wise) when my 6P gets long in the tooth. I expect there will be more and more phones that are not Verizon-approved that will be made that are compatible with Big Red's network.

kinfolk248

Reaction score
With Google screwing the pooch with the Pixel, discontinuing the Nexus line, my happiness with my Huawei 6P, and there being so few bootloader-unlockable phones available in the US, I'll be looking to China with interest to see what's available to meet my needs (both bootloader-wise and network-wise) when my 6P gets long in the tooth. I expect there will be more and more phones that are not Verizon-approved that will be made that are compatible with Big Red's network.
I think the bootloader community is growing smaller as the OG's are getting old and the new guys and gals are just gimme a phone. Imo

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
I think the bootloader community is growing smaller as the OG's are getting old and the new guys and gals are just gimme a phone. Imo
I agree. The things that I used to always root for and worry about locked bootloaders have been for the most part solved by current phones. Miss the personal touches a bit. Just give me a microSD and I'm happy.

Reactions: cr6

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
How exactly is Google messing up with the Pixel? The device looks great, has great specs too. Why the hate?

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
How exactly is Google messing up with the Pixel? The device looks great, has great specs too. Why the hate?
dLUEc2d.gif

All I think every time I see the the Pixel or see someone praising it. It's not $800 worth of device.

As to the topic, if this phone had it's own stylus and suite of apps it would definitely pique my interest. It looks quite well.

kinfolk248

Reaction score
Some feel it's a regression in hardware design and
Some feel as if it's a regression in hardware design and aesthetics. That, and that heavy price point.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Pixel is $500 phone at best. By Christmas it should be down to $300. Why?

1. No micro sd card
2. No front facing stereo speakers
3. No ip68
4. No wireless charging
5. No removable battery

These were standard features 2 years ago.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Still not sold on Huawei. If they have truly "come of age" why do they need to copy the Note 7's design?