Huawei's new Mate 9 with a $1,550 Special Edition

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
HUAWEIMate9_TA.jpg

Huawei has announced the official specs for its latest Mate 9 and it is a beast with some very top of the line specs. It's as big as an iPhone 7+, but has a larger screen thanks to the smaller bezel. Huawei claims it has the fastest mobile processor ever made thanks to a Kirin 960 SOC. It comes standard with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of space. Personally, I love that the Huawei base model has 64GB of internal memory. It supports dual sim cards and you can use the second sim slot for micro SD. The base model is going to be around $800 and may not come to the states.

I could fill a lot of space with a list of that phone's very high end specs (including a 4-in-1 auto-focus that can capture a picture from sleep to snap in .8 seconds, or the 4,000 mAh battery), but I don't want this to be 3 pages and I have to mention the pictured $1,550 Porsche Edition Mate 9. This will be a limited edition of 20,000 pieces and will be available in the US. Huawei has been working with Porsche for 3 years apparently on this 5.5 inch screen phone with curved sides (like an Edge) and 2K resolution. There is a fingerprint sensor on the back that you can use to navigate with taps and swipes, 6GB of RAM and 256GB internally. Maybe if I schmooze Huawei a bit, they'll send me a review model?!?

Source: Wired

Last edited:

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Maybe they thought putting an outrageous pricetag on it would get more Americans to buy their garbage?
Not falling for it Huawei! LOL

S5 tap'n

Caesars

Reaction score
Looking like a pretty damn sexy device!

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Maybe they thought putting an outrageous pricetag on it would get more Americans to buy their garbage?

S5 tap'n
Huawei is one of the largest and most respected companies in China.
In a news conference a few days ago they announced that their new devices have been designed for US specs and expect to exceed Apple iPhone sales by 2018..
That's a pretty bold statement..

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X

S5 tap'n
I'm curious where you got your "Huawei garbage" info from?

cerisecons

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 22 Ultra
In a news conference a few days ago they announced that their new devices have been designed for US specs and expect to exceed Apple iPhone sales by 2018..
That's a pretty bold statement..
VW made a statement like that just before "Dieselgate" broke....
I'm sure Huawei makes a decent device, but outsell Apple, not a chance, LG or HTC, maybe...
I'd like to see it try though, capitalism is king.

Sent from my New Note 7

cerisecons

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 22 Ultra
"In China" being the operative word here.

S5 tap'n
We had an exchange student from China for three years, up to to last year, and she and all her group from China used iPhones.
I asked her what they used in China and she had her Chinese iPhone... No on Samsung or other such devices.

Sent from my New Note 7

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
VW made a statement like that just before "Dieselgate" broke....
I'm sure Huawei makes a decent device, but outsell Apple, not a chance, LG or HTC, maybe...
I'd like to see it try though, capitalism is king.

Sent from my New Note 7
We will remember your words.. HTC.. no chance.. they haven't made money in years..

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
We had an exchange student from China for three years, up to to last year, and she and all her group from China used iPhones.
I asked her what they used in China and she had her Chinese iPhone... No on Samsung or other such devices.

Sent from my New Note 7
What does that mean?? Apple admits losing market share in China and has been concentrating on India.
You obviously had a student from an upper class Chinese family.. The general population can not afford iPhones.. Same exists here in Thailand..

cerisecons

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 22 Ultra
What does that mean?? Apple admits losing market share in China and has been concentrating on India.
You obviously had a student from an upper class Chinese family.. The general population can not afford iPhones.. Same exists here in Thailand..
It means my experience with the Chinese, obviously yours will differ living in Thailand. They were upper class Chinese, certainly to send their children to private school in the US.
I, IMO, don't see Huawei doing it, BUT, like I said, welcome the competition should they actually bring it to all carriers.

Sent from my New Note 7

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia

"In China" being the operative word here.
I'm astounded at just how many people have no clue as to why we as consumers should not be supporting China and/or Chinese made products. Obviously we can't prevent every purchase simply because too many things are made there, but we can make a conscious decision to purchase alternate products whenever we can.
China has spent decades undercutting American (and every other countries) products, oftentimes by producing less quality products at a fraction of the cost, all while paying their workforce some of the lowest wages in the world, using child labor and/or labor camps. They are a communist country and while they have allowed capitalism to thrive as of late (in a manner of speaking), the largest corporations in China are all "state owned" and heavily influenced & regulated by their government.
They own a huge part of our national debt, they're buying up our countries real estate and they are not our allies. I could go on and on, but I've already crossed the political line.

S5 tap'n

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
While I agree with every word of your last post, how much of your Galaxy S5 was made in the USA? What was the last phone you purchased that was made in the USA?

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
While I agree with every word of your last post, how much of your Galaxy S5 was made in the USA? What was the last phone you purchased that was made in the USA?

The main reason I bought the OG Moto X was because it was "assembled" in the U.S.A. Nothing is really made here anymore, besides debt and pollution...and Saw Blades (thanks @PereDroid ;)) and...and...Babies. Happy now @Mustang02 .:p

Last edited:
OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
We still make stuff. A surprising amount. We just got a client at work: the make the largest saw blades in the world for cutting concrete. Ship em all over the world.
Don't believe we don't make stuff.
My toilet was made in America too. (Apparently porcelain is really cheap here). LOL

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk