The march towards supremacy

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
160k a day would be 60M a year....Maybe I'm grossly underestimating the world-wide usage of Android on a variety of devices, but that just doesn't seem like a sustainable pace.

Android is definitely here to stay, in some form or another. Good news for people like me who are excited about the convergence. I'm not in a rush to buy any other new electronics at the moment, but any tv/audio/car stereo purchases in my future will definitely pay attention to compatability with Android.

nerdbox08

Reaction score
160k a day would be 60M a year....Maybe I'm grossly underestimating the world-wide usage of Android on a variety of devices, but that just doesn't seem like a sustainable pace.

Android is definitely here to stay, in some form or another. Good news for people like me who are excited about the convergence. I'm not in a rush to buy any other new electronics at the moment, but any tv/audio/car stereo purchases in my future will definitely pay attention to compatability with Android.

Well consider all those people who bought a droid then turned around and bought an incredible.

That is going to boost numbers too, I would think.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Well consider all those people who bought a droid then turned around and bought an incredible.

Can't be that significant. I think you're talking about a comparatively small group of people - isn't the "Droid" installed base in the US something like 10M?

LOL, the rooters are probably boosting that number more with all the flashing of roms. My guess is when you re-sign into your gmail account it's tripping the Google android clicker.

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Can't be that significant. I think you're talking about a comparatively small group of people - isn't the "Droid" installed base in the US something like 10M?

LOL, the rooters are probably boosting that number more with all the flashing of roms. My guess is when you re-sign into your gmail account it's tripping the Google android clicker.

This is exactly my thought....