The light for the 4 icons at the bottom keep turing on and off.

dave.cox

Reaction score
This is a curious problem that I've noticed on my Droid. The light behind the four icons at the bottom of the screen on my phone keeps turning on, and off, with a delay of 30 or more seconds. This isn't a really a big issue, and doesn't affect the Droid's operation in any way. The buttons still work fine. But does anyone have any idea why the light would continue to turn itself on and off?

Sorry if this issue has already been addressed, but I looked and didn't see it anywhere.

Dave

wingsabr

Reaction score
This is a curious problem that I've noticed on my Droid. The light behind the four icons at the bottom of the screen on my phone keeps turning on, and off, with a delay of 30 or more seconds. This isn't a really a big issue, and doesn't affect the Droid's operation in any way. The buttons still work fine. But does anyone have any idea why the light would continue to turn itself on and off?

Sorry if this issue has already been addressed, but I looked and didn't see it anywhere.

Dave
Mine usually happens based on the light sensor on the front of the droid. The auto brightness is all screwy so I disabled that, but haven't found a way to keep the lights on all the time or off all the time. So as of now, it goes on and off at seemingly weird times and I've learned to ignore it...

OP
D

dave.cox

Reaction score
Yes, I have turned the auto-brightness thing off too. But the lights seem to randomly turn on and off whenever they feel like it. Strange!