Bottom 4 lights not coming on???

THAWARRIOR10

Reaction score
Hey guys, for some reason when my phone is on vibrate, after i unlock my phone, those 4 lights (back, menu, home, and search) turn off after a second of being on....anyone else having this problem too? any inputs would be good..thanks!!!

awong2683

Reaction score
I just started having the same problem and its not only the 4 icons on the face of the phone but the whole Qwerty keyboard backlights turn off quickly. Tried taking out the battery, but that hasn't helped. Might go back to Verizon tomorrow if I can't figure it out.

MissEvoIXMR

Reaction score
For some odd reason mine is doing the same bottom 4 buttons nor the key board light up. Its happened in the past and I would turn the phone on and off and it would light up..... now I have turned it on and off twice and their still off.

Going to pull the battery I know that's the first thing techs will do.

** soooo I connect my phone to the charger and everything lights up! I had 30% battery and no lighting up of any kind even if I slide out the keyboard...I connect the charger and bam! I have lights!!?!?!? Wth is that?? At 30% no keyboard lights???

Last edited:

mjs31

Reaction score
Those are controlled by the sensor in the upper right corner of the phone. Based on ambient light. There may be some other controls for them, but not sure on that one. Try putting your finger in the upper right corner (you can see the sensor) and then see what happens.

J

Johnly

try turning down the brightness, or try auto....what OS and ROM? You all running the same thing?

J

Johnly

That's the Ambient Light Sensor doing its job, guys. Unless you mean you're sitting in the dark and the backlights won't come on, if so, yeah that's a problem..
Bingo, and brightness settings can determine the environment those LED's light up...

inpencil

Reaction score
Yea its in the complete dark. Also if I put it on auto, the screen wavers from bright to not bright, and then those 4 home led's come on randomly and then turn off again. Maybe the sensor is damaged?

Ataranine

Reaction score
Yea its in the complete dark. Also if I put it on auto, the screen wavers from bright to not bright, and then those 4 home led's come on randomly and then turn off again. Maybe the sensor is damaged?
Yeah that sounds like a pretty good issue, I'd take it to the store..make sure you have good evidence of the problem or else the Rep will just screw you over and send you back out the store. They're good at that.