The Kindle Fire Will be the First Android Tablet to Get HBO Go

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;cxufTimGB2E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=cxufTimGB2E[/video]​

For a short while now Android phone users have been able to take advantage of the HBO GO app, but until today, Android Tablet users had no way to use their tablet to get their Game of Thrones or True Blood fix. Although Wired magazine has supposedly received confirmation from HBO that an Android tablet edition of HBO GO should launch early this Summer, users of the Amazon Kindle Fire Android tablet don't have to wait that long. HBO Go has already officially launched its app in the Amazon App store for use on the Kindle Fire. As long as you are an HBO subscriber already, you can get instant access to 1,400 of the network’s episodes. That isn't all though, HBO Go subscribers also get the following bonuses on their Kindle Fire, "In addition to receiving online episode access simultaneous to a show’s appearance over cable or satellite, HBO GO viewers get behind-the-scenes videos, episode re-caps and interviews about HBO shows."

Source: Wired

SteveIrv

Reaction score
I've got the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, when I set it up all my apps (that I had on my Droid D2G) installed on it automatically. Although a couple were not compatible.....the HBO Go and Max Go apps worked fine.

I've had HBO go on my Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 since I bought it weeks ago.......

pyro6128

Reaction score
Theres a version of HBO go that works with tablets alreadyon XDA, works great on the prime

SteveIrv

Reaction score
Even the sourced article on "Wired" had a thread of replies from people who have been running a stock HBO Go app on their droid tablets well in advance of the announcment that the Kindle Fire would be the first to do so...

steveil

Reaction score
I've had it working on my Kindle for a few months already.

tc1

Reaction score
Had it working on my Samsung tab 2 7.0 almost since it 1st came out.

At 1st it said not compatible, but after installing /uninstalling /installing. It works fine.