HBO Go Mobile App Will Work On Android Tablets Soon

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
HBO_Go_for_Android_270x480.jpg

Are you planning on traveling, but you just don't want to miss that new episode of "Game of Thrones?" In the past your only option was to whip out your handy-dandy Android phone, and fire up HBO Go to catch it, but if you wanted to do it on a tablet, you were out of luck. Very soon that will no longer be the case. Not too long ago, HBO Go got an upgrade that allowed it to work on Ice Cream Sandwich, and an even newer update coming soon will allow it to function properly on Android tablets as well. Soon enough you won't have to watch your favorite HBO series on a tiny little smartphone screen, and drain your phone's battery. You can whip out your Galaxy Tab or your T-Prime and enjoy the action/drama without missing any details. In fact, if you hold it really close to your face, you might feel like you are actually at the movie theater!

(Okay, maybe not, but it makes for a funny mental image. :wink-b: )

Keep in mind that there is one caveat, however; you still have to have a subscription to HBO Go through your cable or satellite provider.

Source: CNET

illmatic636

Reaction score
Android Battery

It would be interesting to see if anyone here with a Android phone or tablet can watch a full length movie on one battery cycle.

Beardface

Reaction score
It would be interesting to see if anyone here with a Android phone or tablet can watch a full length movie on one battery cycle.
You'd be surprised. I was at the gym a couple weeks ago and was watching 24/7 Flyers v Rangers and it didn't eat nearly as much battery on my Thunderbolt as you'd expect. For the hour I was watching, it dropped maybe 5%... Granted, I have the extended battery, but still... Say what you want about HBO, but they're actually pretty good with the mobile app. Isn't that much of a battery drain at all.

Definitely looking forward to being able to use HBO Go on my TF Prime.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's pretty good to know. Thanks Beardface!

cptnjack

Reaction score
Anyone know if they ever plan to allow us to use the hdmi out? I just dont understand why they leave this functionality out.

sherri

Silver Member
Reaction score
As bizarre as this sounds, my daughters Samsung Stratosphere plays HBO Go movies perfectly....

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

tc1

Reaction score
The stars must've lined up or something because the 1st time i tried to use it on my Samsung tab 2 7.0 it wouldn't work.

It's working fine now.