The importance of removing battery for flashing MR2 Radio

polish23

Reaction score
Hey guys,

The last time I tried to install a GB ROM, I noticed that the instructions said to immediately go into HBOOT after installing the rom through clockwork, but to make sure that I remove the battery when flashing the radio...

My question is why is this important, only because I never see an explanation tied to this instruction, and I am quite new to the android community since the TB is my first android phone.

Thanks in advance!

turdbogls

Reaction score
You don't remove it while you flash it. You flash the Rom in clockworkand once that is finished you pull the battery, then boot into hboot to flash the radio.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

ziggy484

Reaction score
You dont have to pull battery... Flash radio in hboot, reboot, you wont have service for a minute, who cares, boot into cwr, flash gb, done

rockin sense 3.0 GB

turdbogls

Reaction score
You dont have to pull battery... Flash radio in hboot, reboot, you wont have service for a minute, who cares, boot into cwr, flash gb, done

rockin sense 3.0 GB
this works as well. i acutally just did it.
flashed MR2.5 radio
rebooted
didn't have service
booted into CWR
did a full wipe
installed liquid gingersense
rebooted
have service
all is well with the world

OP
P

polish23

Reaction score

rockin sense 3.0 GB
this works as well. i acutally just did it.
flashed MR2.5 radio
rebooted
didn't have service
booted into CWR
did a full wipe
installed liquid gingersense
rebooted
have service
all is well with the world

Ok, so this is the problem that I encountered. Hopefully, someone can tell me why my phone stopped working because of this too lol. I went through CWR and had it do the wipe date and dalvik and had it install das bamf gb remix, after the install completed I downloaded the new radio PG015IMG.zip and flashed the new radio from HBOOT. After that I rebooted the phone and got an image of my phone with an exclamation point in a red triangle. AFter I saw that the phone resumed booting normally and everything was well. A little later on my phone shut itself down and wouldn't turn on correctly. I had to take my gfs old blackberry and use that to put my recovery image back on my sd card and go all the way back to stock
icon8.gif
since this happened I haven't tried to do another GB install in fear of having to go through this all over again. Can someone tell me if I screwed something up, because I feel like I followed all the directions just in a different order according to some here on the forum, and I would really like to step up to GB already.

Thanks in advance everyone!

ziggy484

Reaction score
All i could suggest is to follow the exact order in the two posts above, you did it differently

rockin sense 3.0 GB

OP
P

polish23

Reaction score
Alrighty will do although I may wait for some more stable roms to come out first... that's just me being paranoid though

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

ziggy484

Reaction score
the new bamf sense 3.0 rom is super stable, so is the mr2 radio... And im always nervous like you. If your afraid of gingerbread (dont be), give the bamf 1.7 froyo rom a shot, that runs perfect, no issues.

rockin sense 3.0 GB

DaXXer

Reaction score
the new bamf sense 3.0 rom is super stable, so is the mr2 radio... And im always nervous like you. If your afraid of gingerbread (dont be), give the bamf 1.7 froyo rom a shot, that runs perfect, no issues.

rockin sense 3.0 GB

I have an issue i just rooted, and flashed in bamf sense 3.0 and the mr2 radio but no cell service. How do you fix that?

OP
P

polish23

Reaction score
Just want to check but you did flash the radio through hboot right? If not just do that and you should be fine

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums