The Huawei P11 May Come With a 40MP Camera On Board!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
dqvgv4ox4aaivpr-jpg.78119

Huawei has put a strong focus on their cameras over the past few years partnering with Leica to bring the best possible user experience. We are finally starting to hear some rumors regarding the camera on the upcoming Huawei P11 and what we are hearing is quite exciting. Industry expert leakster Evan Blass has revealed that the device will come with a 40MP rear camera and 24MP front facing cameras.

The high MP count isn't even the standout feature of the setup. According to Evleaks we might see a 5x zoom "hybrid" lens. I'm not sure exactly what that means. We currently have some cameras with 2x optical zoom and then lens with digital zoom. Digital zoom is less impressive because quality is lost and quickly. Hopefully this lens will offer a way to get closer to the subject without distorting the image.

The intel that Blass received was collected through an artist that was working on a project for Huawei. The images had been added to an ads portfolio and then subsequently were removed when Blass put them out. Normally when these kinds of images are removed following a leak it signifies that the info was legit. What do you think? Will this be the next camera to beat? Are you more interested in a wide angle lens than a zoom lens?

via evleaks

Attachments

• DQVGv4OX4AAIvPr.jpg
    DQVGv4OX4AAIvPr.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 2,887

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
don't know if it will be the next camera to beat but it should be a nice one for those who take a lot of pictures and like quality. but until it is actually released and field tested it will just words on paper or screen.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Its still a teeny tiny sensor. It doesn't matter how many pixels they pack into it, the fact the pixels are tiny as hell is what makes phone pictures subpar compared to basic shooters let alone DSLR.

Briankbl

Reaction score
5x zoom hybrid lense, to me, means probably a 2x optical zoom which can be increased from there with 3x digital zoom.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
There is plenty of real estate to put a larger sensor on the back of these phones especially the larger ones. Most probably look at it as more of an eye sore. Until someone is brave enough to do it on a modern phone to show the real potential we won't see it. Nokia was bold when it came to risks with cameras. The 808 pureview 41mp camera was larger. Issue was weak hardware and OS.