The Heatles are breaking up

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Heatles_crop_650x440.jpg

I think many of us sports fans saw it coming based on the performance of the Heat in the finals. With Wade dealing with health issues they did not have enough to make another run. So the best way to end it is for Lebron to go back to Cleveland and try and win them a championship, Bosh to get max money in Houston, and Wade to get what he can for the last remaining years before he retire. For more sports talk and discussions check out the Off-Topic section of this forum http://www.droidforums.net/forums/off-topic-forum.22/ where we talk everything from football (college and nfl) to entertainment.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I love it. Can't stand that franchise and glad that their world is crumbling all because of this one decision.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Looks like Bosh is staying in Miami. Will that be enough for them to remain a threat in the East?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Bosh and Wade by themselves, no. They have alot more money to spend with Lebron gone, but I don't know if it's an attractive destination anymore. You got Wade who is a former shell of himself since his body can't handle the grind of the NBA anymore. Bosh who thinks he's the best shooting big man and doesn't play inside anymore. And most of all you don't have a real playmaker anymore, especially at Lebron's level.

Not to mention they're going to highly overpay for Bosh and Wade. Granger is a former shell of himself and McBob is about to show he's been overpaid as well. And I'm not sure if Napier is really ready to carry the team as much as he's expected to.

They're kinda middle of the pack team now in the East. Not a threat to go very far imo.

Last edited:
OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
They make try and make a play for mello since they freed up salary with lebron gone.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I don't see why Melo would go to Miami over NY. I mean Miami is probably in less of a rebuilding phase, but those 3 (assuming Wade stays) I don't see going very far. It was their defense that made Miami good and they lost a top 5 defender, as well as his distributing skills, something Melo lacks.

Melo can turn the Bulls into a contender or he can stay in NY and get paid to wait a season or two.

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
It's funny how when the ship is sinking Lebron jumps ship. Now 3 out of the 4 years the Cavs get top 3 pick Lebron wants to come back on the ship. NBA felt sorry for the Cavs losing Lebron and gave the Cavs those pics. You never saw Bird,Magic,Jordan or Kobe jump ship when it was sinking. That's what seperates those GOAT players from Lebron. I'm glad they're breaking. But what's messed up is Wade opt out of his contract that was going to pay him 42 million for the next 2 years. Now, there is no way any team will sign him for half that money all because Lebron wanted to opt out and see if they all can take bigger pay cuts to bring in another AllStar. Feel bad for Wade. I will say this. Lebron had a better chance of going to the finals with the Heat rather than going to Cleveland. Those young players will take 2-3years to develop.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
The way I see it, Lebron is still on the East, the weaker conference. Players that crx listed were players that never thought of teaming up with other superstars, today's NBA is different. If Lebron proclaims himself to be King and wants to play the best everytime he's out on the floor like he said he does, he should've gone out West. He does get a little bit of respect from me going back to the franchise he humiliated 4yrs ago though. Let's see if management can do a better job because his first 7yrs there were pathetic in terms of their front office, just look at the players they picked up to surround Lebron with at the time. Don't care how good you are, you can only carry a Larry Hughes or Donyelle Marshall only so far.

I do not feel the least bit sorry for Wade, he's as arrogant as Lebron imo. And boohoo, he lost out on $42mil, I'm sure what he's made so far, not counting endorsements, means he must surely cut back on expenses. He's still going to get paid more than he can produce, just probably nowhere the 2yr/$42mil left on the table and that's no one's fault but his own.

That team was made bought, not built. Bosh and Wade knew they took a gamble opting out and they lost (well Wade anyway, Bosh is highly overpaid now).

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
So, now that Bosh does re-sign with Miami for the max instead of Houston, does this mean he would have signed with Houston for the max if LeBron went back to Miami? He would have had to agree to a much lower amount to stay in Miami with the three and not been able to pick up much talent to fill out the roster.

This time around the Cavs have a much better plan to support him with the talent he needs to keep him from doing it all as with the last time around. Let's face it, where are the players the Cavs had around LeBron. Besides Zydrunas and Varejeo, players like Dan Gibson, DeLonte West, Jawad Williams, Sebastian Telfair, Leon Power, Anthony Parker, Jamario Moon, Coby Karl, and an aging Shaquille and a few other scrubs. Now they have cap space, presumably the best young talent, room to pick up a couple veterans and the kicker, Miami's number 1 pick next year, unless they go in the tank and it's protected.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
No. Had Lebron stayed, Bosh would've stayed for less money. Why he chose to accept the max deal now, who really knows, he just wanted to get paid imo. And who would turn down $118mil? He got his two rings, now time to bank some big cash.

Yes their roster is far better than when Lebron was there for the first 7yrs, three #1 picks in the last 3yrs will do that. They're a very young team and now have one of the best veteran leaders in the game to help their games mature. Not only that, but he will elevate each and every one of their games. There's room to pick up shooters, Allen and/or Miller, and maybe a few other key veteran pieces.

scott craft

Reaction score
I think if LeBron wanted to win a title above all things next season he would have expected went to Chicago. Cleveland has a lot of talent, but they are young and didn't even make the playoffs this past season. It's going to be interesting to see how the new coach and playing with Lebron helps their development.