The Galaxy Note 7 With 6GB Of RAM Is Real!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Concerning the Galaxy Note 7 I have both some good news and some bad news. I'll give you the good news first as it will soften the blow to come. Samsung has put together what seems to be the best device of 2016 in the Note 7. The Note 7 includes a larger 5.7" curved display, all new S-Pen, iris scanner, and brings back features like waterproofing and the ever popular sdcard slot. Some where disappointed however when the device was first announced because they were expecting the phone to come with some beefier specs than what we have already seen in the Galaxy S7 Edge.

It looks like the rumored 6GB RAM 128GB storage version of the Galaxy Note 7 is real. Samsung Mobile chief DJ Koh confirmed that Samsung will be releasing the heavy duty Pro model of the Note 7 with the bump in specs. So this is good news the phone will eventually be available for purchase. Now to the bad news.

It looks like this version of the phone will only be for sale in China. The reason for this is that brands in that market put a heavy emphasis on the spec sheet. Samsung needs the specs in order to compete. They have seen a sales decline over the past 3 years in that region so this is crucial. It does seem however that the upgraded model will cost a bit more. The new variant is said to cost more than $900 before taxes.

Do you think that if it is able to exist in a Chinese market it is Samsung's obligation to bring the same variant to the US? How could it hurt Samsung to give us the option to upgrade our RAM and Storage?

Via KoreaHerald

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I think that it would be a BIG mistake on their part to allow this unit in the US... It would infuriate me as someone who pre ordered the Note 7 at release.... For them to come out and release a better version of the same device just a short while after the Note 7 would upset me. If these were both available here at the same time I would opt for the 6GB version without hesitation... But to try and "upsell" me after I am committed on one version would upset me...

I do however feel that if it does sell well they should look at doing this for next year... The Note 8 and Note 8 Pro but release or at least announce them at the same time...

Neoart

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S4 White SCH1545
These phone makers always do this -
letting China get first crack at new devices -​
It was claimed by China's business leaders long ago - Claiming America is not ready for new Tech. How they came to this conclusion must be market based.
Like the mile long lines years ago in the US, waiting at Apple all day to get their hands on the newest iPhone. First released in China.
Cheers

Last edited:

Pattersoon

Reaction score
I will accept diverse opinions from various regions and also consider whether that move will disappoint Korean consumers,” he added, suggesting that Samsung might consider launching the device in other markets in addition to China.