The Galaxy Note 2 Has Been Rooted More Than A Month Ahead Of Release!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
images

The first thing I always do to a phone right after I unbox it is plug that bad boy up to my PC and Root the darn thing! Most of you probably share in that sentiment. Of course it doesn't always work that way. Some times it takes weeks or even months to find a proper root exploit for certain phones. This will not be the case for the AT&T version of the Galaxy Note 2 which according to BriefMobile sources has already been rooted more than a month ahead of its release. Being that this version of the phone will release with an unlocked bootloader it isn't hard to believe that developers are easily able to get into it and find the root. exploit. This may not be as easy a task on the Verizon version as it will be locked down tight! Hopefully devs like Invisiblek who brought the first root method to the Galaxy S III will be quick to crack this device as well for us. The source who brings this information of the Root is the same source who confirmed the existence of the Note 2 on all four carriers and even confirmed the obnoxious Verizon branding on the home button. So far this source has been pretty solid!

Via BriefMobile

Last edited:

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I don't think Samsung tries to block rooting and what not. They may be asked by Verizon to lock it down but I feel they do a half ass job so it can be undone. At the very least maybe they negotiate with Verizon (and others) to do minimal locking down so most users are "protected" and the rest can do as they please. At least I'd like to think of it like that.

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
C'mon Verizon haxxorz! I'd love to say we're rooting for you but that pun is too nauseating even for me to make...​

huskur

Reaction score
Remember.....Samsung will likely sell the device themselves with the bootloader unlocked. Just as they do the SIII