The froyo update really messed up. Someone please help

mreman15

Reaction score
Ive had my droid x since day 1. Nothing went wrong. Today i downloaded the long awaited 2.2 update everything went smooth the download didnt take long. as soon as it rebooted thats when the problem happened. So i had launcher pro and it was really lagging so i uninstalled it thinking that was the problem.. so i rebooted after. I wanted to text my GF and everytime i clicked Handcent and it just went black and i had to force reset my phone by taking the battery out... so i reboot and i try the reg stock texting app...that goes black..and i try to redownload handcent and the market is way to laggy to do anything and when i finally get to the app and try downloading..it says downloading and nothing happens.... i tried leaving the battery out for 30min and coming back to reboot but the same problem occurs.. I havent tested anything else but texting ...someone please help!! D:

ndfan4u

Reaction score
Ok, now I am really confused. My update also messed up my Droid X. I bought it in July when it came out and have never messed with the OS like rooting and so forth. I patiently waited for the official update and this morning I got the notification that the update was available and went for it. After several hours of waiting and seeing the black screen with the M logo, I figured something was wrong.
After I got home from work I called Verizon to tell them of my problem and as it turns out according to them I was the first customer to complain of the 2.3 update.
So which update was pushed??? I thought it was 2.2, which version did the Droid come with on release day, July 22??
Anyway, long story short. I get my new Droid X tomorrow.

Gnatman1102

Reaction score
Ok, now I am really confused. My update also messed up my Droid X. I bought it in July when it came out and have never messed with the OS like rooting and so forth. I patiently waited for the official update and this morning I got the notification that the update was available and went for it. After several hours of waiting and seeing the black screen with the M logo, I figured something was wrong.
After I got home from work I called Verizon to tell them of my problem and as it turns out according to them I was the first customer to complain of the 2.3 update.
So which update was pushed??? I thought it was 2.2, which version did the Droid come with on release day, July 22??
Anyway, long story short. I get my new Droid X tomorrow.

Perhaps the rep you spoke with at Verizon was referring to the system version. Under About Phone, the Android version is 2.2, but the system version is 2.3.15

MeHoo

Reaction score
Same thing..

Updated, and everything was fine for a while. I got the new flash, and gmail, updated all of my apps, and that was that.

Then all of a sudden tonight at around 7ish PST my phone starts locking up left and right with the little sync icon up in the tray. But if I showed the notifications, there were none listed. So i downloaded the cpu usage app and found that the new gmail was using 40% cpu off and on for some reason, and during that, it totally killed my phone. I had to remove the battery six times to get it to let me make one phone call. It was not launcher pro (uninstalled), meebo, match.com, or astrid. I uninstalled all of those. I am not running any app killers, or anything fancy. No complicated widgets from launcher pro. It even did this on stock homescreen.

No idea what it was doing, but it was definitely gmail. Perhaps the new gmail has bugs.

I am running fine now, but I'm not sure if this will happen again.