The Droid X has capabilities of being clocked to 2.5 ghz Reover clcad please

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I emailed a buddy that has a lot of knowledge with computer hardware & Cell phone hardware

He said the droid X's 1Ghz Snapdragon processor has capabilities of being over clocked to 2.5 ghz

But that's if the android dev's can get past that thorn of a locked bootloader

but as a recent development that :

Yes, an overclocking method has been found for the Droid X, but no, the bootloader is not cracked. Using the same method as the Milestone hackers, an injectable kernel module has been built that will overclock the Droid X’s processor to about 1.15 GHz. Yes, we realize that a mere .15 GHz gain doesn’t make that much difference — we’re not concerned with the speed increase as much as we are with the simple fact that no matter how hard manufacturers and carriers try to keep us out, someone finds a way in. Rooting and altering the CPU frequency on one of the most locked down Android phones to date is proof positive of this.
A quick read of the source link will tell you that this isn’t quite ready for prime-time just yet, but give it a little time and even if a large speed increase doesn’t come of it, the method looks like a good way to extend your battery life by dropping the voltage and clock cycles while the processor is asleep. [Droidforums] Thanks Chris, for the tip and the method!
Posted originally at Android Central

dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid

Reaction score
I emailed a buddy that has a lot of knowledge with computer hardware & Cell phone hardware

He said the droid X's 1Ghz Snapdragon processor has capabilities of being over clocked to 2.5 ghz
Your second statement discredits your first statement lol :p

DebianDog

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
An M1 Abrams Tank can go 90 MPH (No BS - no turret on a test track) But that does not make it a good idea ;)

jaisin

Reaction score
An M1 Abrams Tank can go 90 MPH (No BS - no turret on a test track) But that does not make it a good idea ;)

It does if your in the buisness of dodging bullets and running stuff over.

Keep up with the 2.25 ghz talk, fictional or not, I like your story...

DebianDog

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

No that was my business. That is TOO fast to be in a chunk of steel with NO airbags or even seatbelts ;)

Once CAV. Always CAV. Stay CAV. 1st CAV!!! :icon_ banana:
1st_Cav-logo-079192FB7B-seeklogo.com.gif

jaisin

Reaction score

No that was my business. That is TOO fast to be in a chunk of steel with NO airbags or even seatbelts ;)

Once CAV. Always CAV. Stay CAV. 1st CAV!!! :icon_ banana:

LOL... Safety concerns in war, is that a oxymoron.. lol.. Im down with it tho as I was a Missile Tech aboard a FFG.
Its just nice seeing theres hope for the X beyond stock and some mildly tweaked roms.. JIT would be awesome and I sure would like to see atleast 1.75ghz.
Im saying its a awesome phone and sure would like to see its possibilities unlocked as the D1 was. I still have 2 running around the house and its still a awesome phone, once hacked & OC'd of course.. LOL>.:motdroidvert:=dancedroid

Darkseider

Reaction score
Wow... Moto said no to Snapdragon a long time ago. Unfortunately the TI OMAP 3630 in the Droid X will only be mildly overclockable. The fact that it is running at 1 Ghz from the factory and the previous generation OMAP 3430 in the Droid being OC'd to about 1.3 Ghz max pretty much shows the upper limits of this particular ARM core. The upcoming OMAP 44xx and just announced Eagle ARM-15 core chips will not only be multi-core but should clock in upwards of 2.5 - 3 Ghz. We won't be seeing any of that magic until late 2012 early 2013 though.

tobytl

Reaction score
Wow... Moto said no to Snapdragon a long time ago. Unfortunately the TI OMAP 3630 in the Droid X will only be mildly overclockable. The fact that it is running at 1 Ghz from the factory and the previous generation OMAP 3430 in the Droid being OC'd to about 1.3 Ghz max pretty much shows the upper limits of this particular ARM core.

The snapdragons use the same cpu core as the current gen of omap chips, as well as samsung's hummingbird and apple's a4... Cortex-A8. They are all hitting a ceiling at around 1.2~1.3 Ghz. And it's good moto passed on it, the adreno gpus that qualcomm uses may, or may not, actually be faster, but their android drivers are dog balls.

Darkseider

Reaction score
Wow... Moto said no to Snapdragon a long time ago. Unfortunately the TI OMAP 3630 in the Droid X will only be mildly overclockable. The fact that it is running at 1 Ghz from the factory and the previous generation OMAP 3430 in the Droid being OC'd to about 1.3 Ghz max pretty much shows the upper limits of this particular ARM core.

The snapdragons use the same cpu core as the current gen of omap chips, as well as samsung's hummingbird and apple's a4... Cortex-A8. They are all hitting a ceiling at around 1.2~1.3 Ghz. And it's good moto passed on it, the adreno gpus that qualcomm uses may, or may not, actually be faster, but their android drivers are dog balls.

The Adreno 200 in the current gen of Snapdragon is a fairly weak GPU when compared to the PowerVR SGX 530 in the OMAP 3430 nevermind the PowerVR SGX 535 and 540. Now what will be very interesting is how the Adreno 220 will stack up against the PowerVR SGX 5xx and/or the Mali GPU which are supposed to make their way into the next generation of multi-core SoC's. The Tegra 2 250 already has a Geforce GPU in it and from what I have seen is VERY impressive.