the complete ICS/breakin' the law boot experience, files and instructions

altspeed

Reaction score
Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
This is really easy to do and a sort of cool tongue in cheek comment on "bionic ICS summer 2012". There are 2 files in breakinthelaw.zip, one is bootsound.ogg and the other is cyanbootanimation.zip, identical to the original boot animation but a cool blue that is very similar, harmonizes very well with ICS stock blur theme blue. I've got other colors and sounds I'll post as it comes to me, but this is not anything you need a paid app for, just root and a root level file browser, like root explorer (paid) or jrummy's root browser (free).

The boot animation is easiest, we'll do it first. get breakinthelaw.zip on your sd-ext however you personally do that, extract it to the two files mentioned above. copy cyanbootanimation.zip ans take it to /system/media and paste it there, rename the bootanimation.zip that's already in there bootanimation.zip.bak, rename cyanbootanimation.zip to bootanimation.zip, done. while we're back in the file system go to /system/bin and find bugstogo.sh, rename it bugstogo.sh.bak, it's a bug tracker that reports back to moto, so best to have it disabled.

Now, for the sound, copy bootsound.ogg from your sd-ext and paste it into your /system/media as well. Change the name of Bionic.ogg (already there) to Bionic.ogg.bak (be very careful of that capital B, the name is definitely case sensitive), and rename bootsound.ogg to Bionic.ogg and set the permissions on it to rw,r,r and the ownership to root root. You're done, reboot, have fun :)

You can get the stuff here https://dl.dropbox.com/u/36164167/breakinthelaw.zip.zip

here the MD5 86AB409F9FDE72B83B777719C4D4E130

here's the link for an alternate soundtrack, longer, fades out install it exactly the same way, copy paste rename fix permissions and ownership

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iwgxwjhwkl5jcjo/Bionic0.zip

The MD5 is: A94D7F8ACCEECDCE95A5C23A1D4C4FE1

Let me know if the link breaks

Camoxjeep

Reaction score
ANy pics and sound previews? Sounds interesting and would love to try but would like to see it. thanks

Camoxjeep

Reaction score
camo, look over at XDA forums, there are a few bootanimation viers out there, but the only one I have is broke, the sound is just an .ogg anything that will play an .ogg will play it.
thanks

OP
altspeed

altspeed

Reaction score
Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra

You know the whole thing is so easy and so reversible. Just do it and see what it looks/sounds like on you phone and change back if you don't like it. Remember, I've also got all the original bionic boot animation just in different colors. I think you'll love the blue one, it fits an ICS blur phone perfect

bionichillbilly

Reaction score
It only plays for 10 seconds and boot takes 43 seconds after animation starts.