The camera is horrible

pool_shark

Reaction score
Anyone else notice how grainy the pics are?

The pics on the Omnia were crystal clear, the pics with the Droid 2 are pitiful.

robyr

Reaction score
I am only going to say one thing: The camera on the Omnia *sucked* compared to the Droid's. You are imagining this, or you are changing the settings unknown to yourself. Lighting is also completely dependent on photo outcome. But as an owner of the Omnia, and the Droid, whose camera hardware is identical, you are mistaken.

OP
pool_shark

pool_shark

Reaction score
I am only going to say one thing: The camera on the Omnia *sucked* compared to the Droid's. You are imagining this, or you are changing the settings unknown to yourself. Lighting is also completely dependent on photo outcome. But as an owner of the Omnia, and the Droid, whose camera hardware is identical, you are mistaken.

I'm not going to debate this with you. I have taken a ton of pics with the Omnia and each one was crystal clear, even from a distance. The ones I just took with the droid are very grainy.

Google droid camera sucks and you'll see I'm not the only one who sees it.

robyr

Reaction score
If you didn't want to debate it, then don't come on here with this crap.

I challenged you out right. As I CURRENTLY own BOTH devices, dudeman. I can say with out a doubt that the Droid/Droid 2 camera is *magnitudes* better. You. Are. Doing. Something. Wrong. And unless you are taking the *same* photos, at the same time, in the same light, you will have *no* basis for thinking the Omnia's camera would have performed better.

EDIT: Hell, the omnia's sensor *is the same hardware* for christs sake.

EgooEspada

Reaction score
Yea. Motorola kinda drop the ball with the camera on the original Droid and now the Droid 2.

OP
pool_shark

pool_shark

Reaction score
If you didn't want to debate it, then don't come on here with this crap.

I challenged you out right. As I CURRENTLY own BOTH devices, dudeman. I can say with out a doubt that the Droid/Droid 2 camera is *magnitudes* better. You. Are. Doing. Something. Wrong. And unless you are taking the *same* photos, at the same time, in the same light, you will have *no* basis for thinking the Omnia's camera would have performed better.

EDIT: Hell, the omnia's sensor *is the same hardware* for christs sake.

Obviously I have both devices too genius as I've stated that I have taken pics on the Omnia and I am now using the Droid 2.

If I thought the Droid's pics were better why on earth would I be considering returning it based on the horrible camera when I've had the Omnia for the past 2 years?

Did it ever occur to you that maybe the camera on my Droid 2 is just bad, since according to you it's so great?

Please, just go away.

robyr

Reaction score
Anecdote is not evidence for one thing, and I don't personally care what you do with your device, but don't misinform others about things you don't even comprehend. Go take *IDENTICAL* shots, RIGHT NOW, and upload them with no processing and PROVE it. Or don't, and be a hack.

Reaction score
can u get rid of folders under gallery like: camera roll my tags etc and jus have "all photos"

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you do upload comparison shots, have her wear something revealing.

I like Droid 1's camera. Droid X seems grainy but better with Vignette.

OP
pool_shark

pool_shark

Reaction score
Pics taken from the same spot, one right after the other in the same light.
The one on the left is from the Omnia, the one from the right is from the Droid 2.
No flash used on either pic, and I tried to get equal zoom.

Attachments

• Omniapic.jpg
    Omniapic.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 314
  • Droidpic.jpg
    Droidpic.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 292