The Best Feature Ever For GMAIL Is Here! Block and Unsubcribe

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
gmail-mobile-07-535x535.png

I can't even tell you how frustrated it makes me to have to clear out tens of junk emails, just to get to the meat of my inbox. Google has done a pretty good job at weeding out spammy and scammy emails, but if you have ever made a purchase online or signed up to be notified for anything those companies tend to keep your email address and will pester the snot out of you with newsletters and computer generated follow up emails.

The latest Gmail update includes a fix for this problem. While many newsletters have a link to unsubscribe, I have found that many of the newsletters and other types of emails just keep coming. If you never want to see email from a certain email address agin you now have the option to block an email address from within the Gmail app. There is also an unsubscribe option. Grab the update from the Play Store.

Play Store

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Sweet!

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
From what I understand, it doesn't actually block the email it sends it to your spam folder.

Posted by Sri Harsha Somanchi, Product Manager

Sometimes you get mail from someone who’s really disruptive. Hopefully it doesn’t happen often—but when it does, you should be able to say, “Never see messages from this person again.” That’s why you can now block specific email addresses in Gmail—starting today on the web, and over the next week on Android. Future mail will go to the spam folder (and you can always unblock in Settings).

Read more HERE

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Gmail is getting better but until they have a universal inbox that you can have open by default when launching the app and a dark theme/night mode I'll stick to Type mail. It almost seems like Google is allergic to dark themes.

Last edited:

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Gmail is getting better but until they have a universal inbox that you can have open by default when launching the app and a dark theme/night mode I'll stick to Type mail. It almost seems like Google is allergic to dark themes.
While I agree totally on the dark theme part, I've had no problem with gmail working as my 1 for Verizon and Comcast as well as gmail. When I get mail from any of the 3 it shows in my gmail and which it originated to and I just handle them all in 1.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Nice its on mobile now but its been on the desktop page for a while now. Very handy feature for lazy folks like me.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
While I agree totally on the dark theme part, I've had no problem with gmail working as my 1 for Verizon and Comcast as well as gmail. When I get mail from any of the 3 it shows in my gmail and which it originated to and I just handle them all in 1.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4
Thanks, I'll check it out. I haven't used it in ages. I have it disabled right now.