That Darned Battery Cover!

DaHarder

Reaction score
Is it only my DROID, or does that battery cover break loose way too easily?

I bent the tabs outward a bit, and that helps, but... It's pretty annoying.

Gamer

Reaction score
Yup! For the 6 days I had my droid, the battery cover came off at least 3 times.

daelight

Reaction score
Lost mine yesterday, and I'm always super careful. Fell off 3x before I lost it.

WTF.

PridgNYC

Reaction score
Mine is actually pretty tight, it is difficult to remove the battery cover. Instead of bending the metal tabs outward, or inward, try gently bending them closer to the cover. In other words make the little gap between the hook end of the tab and the back of the cover smaller.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've been whoring this phone up and the battery cover hasn't fallen off once with regular use. I HAVE dropped my phone twice already onto cement (smooth cement) and the cover popped off both times, but that happened on my Storm also so its not a big deal. The battery stayed in both times though!

kenzfree

Reaction score
Nope it's not just yours. I've had 2 Droid's and both had loose battery covers. I've already lost one after only owning the phone 2 days. I went to the Verizon store, they don't stock them however they only cost $5.00 actually $3.75 with my discount for being a Gov employee and they ship them FedEx for free. I'll use some of the suggestions in this forum to secure it better.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
There is a thread on this here on the forums.

Suggestion is to go to Motorolas site and go to the contacts page and you can email them or live chat about the issue and they will send you a new one.

They are aware and are clearing it up via replacement battery doors.