Major Quality Issue?

ezeddiekun

Reaction score
I owned my Droid since Wensday and today I found a LOT of issues with my droid.

-My slider feels like its gonna break soon since the the click doesn't even make a sound anymore it just moves to its position smoothly.
-Keyboard feels like its keys are gonna break soon.
-Battery cover is already starting to not close all the way. I also noticed that my battery cover is a bit higher than the part where the camera is.

I use my phone a lot of texting and this phone feels like its gonna break on my after a week. If you are experiencing the same issues let me know. I want to know if its just my phone or is it a problem that plagues the Droid.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Exchange it. I had to exchange my first because the speaker for listening to cell calls was making clicking sounds. Clearly a hardware issue.

I've had my new one for 3 weeks with no hardware issues. Keys are fine - clicks open and shut. As far as the battery cover I ordered one that would stay on better and it's a known but minor issue. Mine doesn't come off often but Motorola will ship you a new one free.

OP
E

ezeddiekun

Reaction score
Meh. I don't know my problems are pretty common. I was stupid enough to order online so I gotta wait a few days without a phone. Oh and my keyboard heats up pretty hot when I'm using it for like 30 mins

medicTHREE

Reaction score
Meh. I don't know my problems are pretty common. I was stupid enough to order online so I gotta wait a few days without a phone. Oh and my keyboard heats up pretty hot when I'm using it for like 30 mins

The keyboard heats up because there is a battery in it. Any battery under 30 minutes of use plus your hands holding it will get warm/hot.

You won/t be without a phone at all if you just call for replacement. Call, they send, you get phone, then send old one back. Do it now while you can.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Most common problem with this phone is USER ERROR. Not to say that's your issue :)

It's known there were some bad batches of DROID but exchange it for a good one!

wildrage

Reaction score
Not trying to flame or anything here...i've had my share of problems with the Droid.

But writing something like "It feels like its going to break," is just an ignorant and unhelpful thing to write on a message board.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not trying to flame or anything here...i've had my share of problems with the Droid.

But writing something like "It feels like its going to break," is just an ignorant and unhelpful thing to write on a message board.

+1
This falls under "User Error" in my opinion :)

OP
E

ezeddiekun

Reaction score
So if I call for a replacement theyll send another droid first right? I don't want to be phoneless for a few days!

LordKastle

Reaction score
I think all his posts deal with him flaming and bashing the phone.

Well...until his last one. Good luck though Ezed.

Last edited:

bbcrackman

Reaction score
If you call VZW they will send you a replacement. You then have up to 10 days to return yours before being charged for it.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score

OK so you have to explain this to me. You have a phone, but now your ordering a new one from online, and you have to wait a few days without a phone? You always have your phone, even if they are going to replace it, you still have it until you send it back to them.

So if I call for a replacement theyll send another droid first right? I don't want to be phoneless for a few days!

So now you have a phone again? What happened to not having a phone for a few days? Is it just me or is this alittle confusing?

OP
E

ezeddiekun

Reaction score
I meant from my second post that I thought if I do an exchange on the phone I would have to send in the phone first and wait for the replacement. I've never done a exchange before so I didn't know that they send you the replacement before you send in yours. Does that clear it up?

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I meant from my second post that I thought if I do an exchange on the phone I would have to send in the phone first and wait for the replacement. I've never done a exchange before so I didn't know that they send you the replacement before you send in yours. Does that clear it up?

Yup pretty much cleared it up. Was confused because it sounded like you sent your phone back already.

fredm74

Reaction score
Stupid question here, if you do end up getting a new phone after exchanging it, how do you transfer all your apps from Droid to the new one. Do you have to start ALL over again? :icon_eek: