Thanks for the help but... :(

sterdroids

Reaction score
Unfortunately I am returning the droid. My 5 year old Samsung does more (for me) then the droid. I really loved the Droid but the way I work it doesnt for me. I hope I am not jumping the gun by returning it but I feel the firmware will not address my problems :(

(1) I cannot forward an attachment from my corporate exchange email to anybody except to my work email. When i forward to a gmail etc... there is no attachement attached

(2) I cannot easily select text to copy or cut when in my works OWA site. It doesnt work when you hold the shift key down because it makes the entire box of the body of the email organge.

(3) I dont like the fact I cannot back up the entire phone incase it crashes

(4) I cannot stream the radio program I listen to every day :(

(5) i can not take a clear picture with the camera

(6) The Droid user community is great and thanks for the help but I am frustrated with the issues.

(7) The screen is amazing and overall browsing is incredible though!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
You are jumping the gun....

OP
S

sterdroids

Reaction score
How can I fix the email problems? How long do you think it will take to get a fix so I can forward emails with attachements or download attachement from the broswer on OWA?

I need to work thats the problem I dont have that much time to wait :(

skidemn

Reaction score
I don't know about using corporate email (exchange I'm guessing), but I can say that you can back up your phone's entire contents with an app called MyBackup. Also, Google already backs up your apps and contacts automatically (I learned this accidentally when I did a factory reset).

As far as streaming goes, if you can do it on another phone you should be able to do it on your Droid, unless it was a specialized app for your old phone.

The camera should now be taking "green corner" pics with proper autofocus, and should be able to do it permanently after Dec 11 update. My camera is fine now...

As an early adopter (yes, you are one of the first purchasers of a new phone platform) you will likely be rewarded with fixes soon if you can just wait for the update. I can't think of a single technology that was perfect on first launch. But if you give it just a little time, you may be holding something in your hand that quite possibly could revolutionize mobile communication. Android open source and the Droid platform are more than just the next step, they are a forward thinking leap for those that can last through a few growing pains.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
At least wait and see what gets addressed in the Dec 11th patch. Then we'll have an idea how well issues are being addressed and what's to come :)

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Issue numero uno is quite a big one for this guy and I can see why time is of essence. December 11th is a long way off to wait for the possibility of a fix.

I would say to wait till the 11th if you can hold out that long if not I do understand.

Better you than me though : ) I don't even like the thought of having to give the phone up.

OP
S

sterdroids

Reaction score
Hi All-

Get this. I boxed up the phone and immediatley felt like I was missing something. Seriously I felt sad it was gone but issues are issues! I went to vzw to return it. Looked at the storm 2 which is pretty slick as well! And guess what I left with the Droid again!

The sales guy said use it wait till the patch comes out t will address my issues and if it doesnt send it back.

Bottomline I do love this phone!!! The internet experience is hands down the BEST thing out there. I couldnt be without it. And according to the site its going to keep getting better and better day by day :)

As far as the email goes I have a few work arounds basically through OWA I can forward and through the Droid email app I can open so if I need to forward I will just pop on the broswer through OWA site.

The one thing is really how do I stream from certain talk radio site specific ones of my choice. It was nothing special it was just a regualr website stream in window media player or a popup format.

THANKS again for the help!!! It is a keeper.

PS Lol on the $40 spot

OP
S

sterdroids

Reaction score
thats what I will do but hoping it will all be corrected for me by then.

darreno1

Reaction score
Ok, as a test I just forwarded an attachment from my exchange account to my gmail account and it went through. It was a word document. What kind of attachment(s) are you trying to forward? Also what radio program are you having issues with streaming?